American singer Doja Cat is celebrating her birthday today. The boujee artist is a whole 25 years old and even though she has already accomplished so much, Doja Cat still has a whole lot of life to live.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
Doja Cat’s rise to fame happened swiftly and she hasn’t stopped rising since. Having worked with the likes of Nicki Minaj and other big names, Doja Cat is a name that is known all over the globe.
In celebration of the young, independent and gorgeous artist’s birthday, Briefly.co.za brings you six awesome facts that will help you get to know Doja Cat a little better:
1. Her real name is actually Amala Zandile Dlamini.
2. Doja Cat has South African roots that make her closer to us than most know. Her father, Dumisani Dlamini, is South African and was actually a part of the iconic 1992 South African film Sarafina.
3. Before becoming an artist, Doja Cat tried her hand at dancing but found that her true passion actually lay in music. Being behind the scenes was never going to fit her bold personality away.
4. Doja Cat is 51cm tall.
5. She chose the stage name Doja Cat because of her love for marijuana, aka Doja.
6. Doja Cat dated Johnny Utah but they ended things back in February 2020.
Social media has been buzzing with birthday wishes from friends, fans and family. Doja Cat has a large and loyal following who have made her feel super special on her birthday.
Happy birthday, gurl!
Briefly.co.za previously reported that Doja Cat made history after her song with Nicki Minaj became the first-ever collaboration between two female rappers to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Doja is the daughter of Mzansi actor Dumisani Dlamini. Dumisani is famous for his roles on Yizo Yizo and Sarafina. Doja's Say So remix featuring rap star Nicki topped the chart this week. The song has gone viral over the last two weeks, thanks to a TikTok challenge which uses a snippet of the tune, TimesLIVE reports.
The rapper trended on social media channels in Mzansi after she said that she has never met her dad, Dumisani.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!