Celebrities are no strangers to dressing up and getting glam but Halloween provides the perfect opportunity for the stars to get creative with their costumes.
The year 2020 would appear to have been full of enough scary stuff already but despite the pandemic, stars went all-out for their Halloween looks.
From the Jenners as Power Rangers to Mzansi celebs as Kardashians, there were a whole lot of empty months to plan outfits and the stars did not hold back.
Briefly.co.za takes a look at 10 of the best costumes and looks from the Halloween season of 2020.
10. Pearl Thusi as another version of "Mummy"
9. Drew Barrymore as Glinda the Good Witch from The Wizard of Oz
8. Sho Madjozi killed it as Sarafina
7. Kylie Jenner and her crew decked out as The Power Rangers
6. Ciara and Russell Wilson as Janet Jackson and Busta Rhymes from the What's It Gonna Be? music video
5. Bonang Matheba as a "sexy devil"
4. Glenn Close recreating her iconic Cruella de Vil from 101 Dalmations
3. Rapper Lil Nas X as Nicki Minaj
Lil Nas dressed up in full drag as one of his heroes, Queen Nicki Minaj, and he absolutely nailed it.
2. Lizzo as "The fly on Mike Pence's head"
Lizzo came for the laughs as she dressed up as the fly that broke the internet when it made a cameo during the US Vice-Presidential debate.
1. Ayanda Thabethe recreating the Kardashian sisters' fragrance launch
This look had to clinch the top spot. It did, after all, get a mention and repost from Kim Kardashian herself.
Briefly.co.za also reported on Bonang's outfit heating up Halloween on her way to Shashi Naidoo's themed birthday party.
Bonang Matheba is no stranger to a fancy dress but she upgraded her usual fashion statement to bring some sexiness to Halloween. The star attended a birthday celebration for Shashi Naidoo and Bonang hit it out of the park.
Bonang got herself glammed up in an all-red outfit, from her shoes to her hair, and dressed up as a sexy devil. She completed the look with red fishnets, red horns and a red devil's pitchfork.
Bonang also mentioned that she'd done her own make-up. Fans of Queen Bee and her costume took to the comments of her posts on social media to applaud the effort she went to and the spectacular end result.
Bonang posted her full look to Instagram, actress Terry Pheto commented "HELL yeah" and Bee's followers thought they'd add their opinions:
@ntombs_thefairy: "Told you, you’re so good at doing your face, umhle."
@stols_willicute: "You killed it!"
@ryanhignett: "Best dressed!"
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY’s news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!