A recent letter to the Post outlined the many reasons to vote for Cyril Ramaphosa in the upcoming national elections. In December, when Ramaphosa was elected as leader of the African National Congress, it triggered relief in many across the country.
Briefly.co.za found that the sentiment was that most feel that the ANC finally have a leader with integrity. A leader that will govern the ruling party, and hopefully the country, with responsibility and reliability.
Here are ten reasons why Ramaphosa will make a good president:
1. He is a great orator and commands attention
2. He is already rich and doesn’t need to steal from the state
3. He has promised to rid the country of corruption
4. He truly believes in the values and ideals Nelson Mandela held true
5. He is a successful businessman and thus will inspire confidence in investors
6. He has already told the world that South Africa is ‘now open for business’
7. He has employment and economic growth at the forefront of policy
8. He will scrap the nuclear program on the grounds that the country cannot afford it
9. He will fight state capture
10. His dealing with the Eskom executives facing corruption charges show how serious he is
The letter was written by an Indian man on behalf of his wife. He boldly stated that they would be voting for the ANC and suggested that many of the Indian community will be doing the same.
Cyril Ramaphosa seems to be spanning cultures and uniting the nation under his no-corruption cause. The nation is tired of exploitation and looking to a leader who can make a difference.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.