Sifiso Hlanti dismisses rumours surrounding Kaizer Chiefs agreement

Sifiso Hlanti dismisses rumours surrounding Kaizer Chiefs agreement

- Sifiso Hlanti has denied rumours that he would be joining Kaizer Chiefs after their transfer ban expires

- Hlanti is currently signed with DStv Premiership side Moroka Swallows FC on a two-year-deal

- Hlanti stated that he simply trained with Chiefs to keep fit after head coach Gavin Hunt made the suggestion

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

Sifiso Hlanti has spoken up about his stint at Kaizer Chiefs. Hlanti made his way to Chiefs following the sale of Bidvest Wits at the end of the 2019/2020 Premier Soccer League season. Unfortunately, due to Chiefs transfer ban, he was unable to sign with the club.

The 30-year-old has reportedly joined Moroka Swallows FC on a two-year deal. Hlanti explained the thinking behind his decision to train with Amakhosi. According to Hlanti, Chiefs head coach Gavin Hunt suggested he train with the club to keep fit.

Magashule trial: Niehaus won't leave 'soldier alone on battlefield'
"So I chose to go and train. No, there is no arrangement in place to join Kaizer Chiefs later. What people are saying are just rumours," he said.
Hlanti denies rumours of Chiefs agreement

Sifiso Hlanti has denied rumours of any agreement with Kaizer Chiefs. Source: @kcfcofficial / Instagram
Source: Instagram

In an interview with SAfm, Hlati said he has a good relationship with Hunt and that training with Chiefs was nothing more than to keep fit. The South African confirmed that Hlanti dismissed rumours that he would join Kaizer Chiefs after the club's transfer ban expires.

Briefly.co.za previously reported on Chiefs after they announced the transfer ban for two transfer windows. They made the announcement through their Twitter This comes after The Court of Arbitration for Sport Panel (CAS) dismissed Amakhosi's appeal and confirmed FIFA’s DRC decision.

This, in turn, solidifies that they cannot sign a new player for two transfer windows. The transfer window for the 2020/2021 season opened on 22 September and will run until 17 November.

CAF Champions League: Difficult path ahead for Kaizer Chiefs

Fans have been tweeting at the official Kaizer Chiefs Twitter account for a while asking for an update on the situation with CAS. Many have now responded to the team's tweet asking questions and speaking about what they should focus on now.

Soccer enthusiast, @alan_sithole said in response to Chiefs' tweet:

"The best form of healing is to accept and move on. The best thing we can do for ourselves now, the fans, players, tech staff and everyone associated with the club is to accept this situation, put it behind us and work on solutions. We gonna be alright!!!"

Chiefs were also dealt a difficult hand after the draws for the CAF Champions League took place in Cairo on Monday 9 November. The club will have to face Cameroon Premiership Champions PWD Bamenda in the first round.

If Chiefs manage to defeat the Cameroon defending champions, they'll be up against Angolan giants, Premiero De Agosto. The Soweto giants are not even in the top ten of the South African Premier Division Standings at the moment.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel