Senzo Meyiwa: Mzansi reacts as murder accused appear in court

Senzo Meyiwa: Mzansi reacts as murder accused appear in court

- Five suspects accused of murdering Bafana Bafana soccer star Senzo Meyiwa appeared in court on Friday morning

- The accused in Meyiwa's case made a brief appearance as the case was postponed to 5 March, 2021

- South Africans have been following the Meyiwa case closely and took to Twitter to share their thoughts about the accused and the case as a whole

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

Five suspects accused of the murder of late Bafana Bafana star Senzo Meyiwa appeared in court today. The men were charged with murder, attempted murder, and aggravated robbery. The case has since been postponed to 5 March 2021.

South Africans have flooded Twitter with their reactions to the case and the murder accused. While many seem to think the men accused of Meyiwa's murder have nothing to do with it, others believe the case has been dragging on for far too long.

Read also

Video of petrol attendants beating up man has resurfaced, SA reacts

The suspects made a brief appearance in the court this morning, 27 November before the case was postponed. Meyiwa was murdered in Vosloorus in 2014.

Senzo Meyiwa: Mzansi reacts as murder accused appears in court
Sifiso, Zama and Ndlandla Meyiwa, Senzo's brother and 2 sisters at court today. Source: @kalliekriel
Source: Twitter

According to EWN when Meyiwa's case was first heard in court in October, AfriForum’s prosecutions team said at the end of the court setting, that Mzansi would know who the mastermind behind his killing was.

While eNCA reported that at the accused's first court appearance, four out of the five suspects denied involvement in the murder.

Take a look at some of the tweets related to the court appearance below:

@Scombo8 wrote:

"We should just forget about the real killer's being arrested. Our justice system is kak and they will always prove how much power they have over us citizens. We are being taken for popeyes, simple! #SenzoMeyiwa."

@SibahleMo said:

"Will the #SenzoMeyiwa case ever go on trial? What that family is going through is so unfair."

Read also

Ntsiki Mazwai was tempted to call police on Christians breaking curfew

@Ipfie3 tweeted:

"Something is not right on that case. I think police should look for the real killers. The suspects wanted to say something and they being deniedThinking face. Anyways its see where it goes."

Staying with news on Meyiwa, Briefly.co.za previously reported that a key witness in Meyiwa's case had reportedly died due to poisoning. According to a report, Thabang Makeleni was poisoned late last year shortly after he made a deposition to new investigators that linked five suspects to the case.

In 2014 Makeleni was a student who lived in Vosloorus, Gauteng. His home was not too far from Kelly Khumalo's mother Ntombifuthi Khumalo's house. According to the report, Makeleni told the police that five people had shown up at Khumalo’s mother’s house on the night Meyiwa was murdered.

The report also said that Makeleni told the police who interviewed him that of the five people, only two had entered the premises. The other three were outside the property, one at the gate and two waiting in cars.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel