Cassper Nyovest is one of the most followed and loved South African celebrities. Today he turns 30 and there is no denying that Cassper has done the most thus far in terms of his career and life in general.
Turning 30 is a major milestone in anyone’s life. Cassper has managed to build an empire, create influence and even start a beautiful family of his own.
Briefly.co.za has had the pleasure of watching Cassper evolve into the man and artist that he is today, and it has been a pleasure. Cassper has a large and loyal following who have endless respect for him.
In celebration of his 30th birthday, we take a look at 13 facts about Cassper that make him who he is today:
1. Refiloe Maele Phoolo is his real name.
2. He was born 16 December 1990.
3. Nyovest’s debut album, Tsholofelo, is named after his youngest sister and was released back in 2014.
4. Cassper is the proud founder of the #FillUp concert brand as well as the recording company Family Tree.
5. Cassper was born and raised in Mafikeng and is super proud of his roots.
6. He dropped out of school in 2006, at the age of 16 to pursue a career in hip hop, and has not looked back. However, Cassper does encourage everyone to stay in school and get an education before pursuing their dreams – it doesn’t always work out this way for everyone.
7. HHP helped Cassper get a break in the industry after he was part of his posy for some time.
8. Back in 2006, Cassper dated the beautiful Boity Thulo but things did not work out. The two are however still friends are love to see one another level up and win.
9. Cassper is the proud father of a perfect baby boy named Khotso Izwe Simba Phoolo, of whom he had with Thobeka Majozi.
10. Cassper is a total momma’s boy! There is nothing he wouldn’t do for his mom.
11. He managed to bag three big wins at the South African Hip Hop Awards 2020 (SAHHA2020); Best Almun for Any Minute Now, Best Song for Good For That and he won Best Male.
12. Cassper is set to partake in an exciting boxing match with his arch-nemesis and fellow Mzansi rapper AKA real soon.
13. One aspiration Cassper has that he has yet to fulfil, is his dream of being a billionaire.
Briefly.co.za previously reported that Cassper Nyovest and Tweezy's music video for their smash ti titled Amademoni has finally reached 1 million views on YouTube.
It took the dope video just seven months to hit 1 million views on the video-sharing app. Mufasa's single featuring Tweezy on the chorus is definitely one of the biggest hip-hop songs in Mzansi this year.
The track produced by Tweezy, was also certified gold in October after hitting over 1.3 million streams. It also did very well when it comes to TV and radio play.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!