- Master KG's hit song Jerusalema has done Mzansi proud throughout the year
- The music producer collaborated with the amazing vocalist, Nomcebo to release the global hit
- The gospel song has brought people together all over the world during the global pandemic
Master KG and Nomcebo's song Jerusalema became a worldwide hit in 2020. Although countries across the globe were battling with the global pandemic, the #JerusalemaChallenge brought people together.
People took on the challenge associated with the gospel song from Italy to France and Romania. The duo really made Mzansi proud. Even President Cyril Ramaphosa encouraged South Africans to participate.
Briefly.co.za explores some of the top moments of the #JerusalemaChallenge as well as the difference the song made in a time where the world is at its worst.
1. Just three months ago Jerusalema went platinum in Italy. This amazing accomplishment is one of many wins that the song has recorded since its release. Going platinum in Europe is no small task, even achieving that status in Mzansi is extremely difficult, so this achievement is definitely a big deal.
2. The country was left quite shook after Blue Downs Court NPA Group 2 were filmed doing Jerusalema challenge at court. Janell Cochrane shared the video on her Facebook account. She revealed that although she was not in the video, she filmed it. In just several days, the video gathered over 40 000 views and South Africans absolutely loved it.
3. Mzansi also celebrated with Master KG when his song hit 40 million views on YouTube. Master KG took to social media to let his fans know that the music video had just reached 40 million views in just seven months and he couldn’t have done it without them.
4. Jerusalema made headlines once again after a video showing people in Italy dressed as monks dancing to the song went viral. The video was shared on Twitter and Facebook and caught the attention of thousands of people around the world. Stefano Albamonte, shared the video on Twitter. The clip shows a group of people busting a move to Jerusalema while wearing monk outfits.
5. Jerusalema is one of the biggest hits to ever come out of South Africa and what better way to end this compilation than appreciating the videos of people dancing around the world. It was first in France, then in Romania and Italy. The Italian video shows elderly citizens having the time of their lives dancing to the song and attempting to emulate the dance that comes with it.
Briefly.co.za recently reported on Master KG after he bagged yet another award. The talented musician has been raking in the trophies for his hit song Jerusalema. The latest silverware comes from the Africa Entertainment Awards USA awards where Master was honoured with the Song of the Year.
Celebrating his achievement, Master KG jokingly said that he now needs a whole house just to store the awards he’s been receiving. He wrote:
“I need to buy a house just for these awards coz wow its lit man!!!”
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!