Being a dad is a lot like owning a business, raising a child is like growing a business. What dads sometimes do is forget what life is like for kids.
Many kids think grownups are boring and sometimes they are right.
Briefly.co.za has put together this list with the help of goodmenproject.com of 9 things a dad should do to stay relevant to their kids and their customers.
1. Ask a lot of questions, kids shouldn't be the only ones asking and neither should your clients and customers.
2. Listen to what your children say, the same applies to your employees and customers. Sometimes we are too busy thinking about what we want to say that we don't even listen to those around us.
3. Play games with your kids, they enjoy doing fun things with their dad. In terms of a business, you should be able to joke around and have fun with those you work with or are serving. It makes the entire process more enjoyable.
4. Tell funny stories, kids love to laugh especially at your expense. Share the wisdom that you've gained over the years with those that work for you, you can make them better employees.
5. Watch cartoons with your kids and enjoy them. With your employees stay up to date with what they find entertaining.
6. Sometimes being a dad is dirty work, don't be afraid to get your hands dirty wither playing or cleaning nasty wounds. With your business, you should lead from the front and don't expect someone to do something that you are not prepared to do yourself.
7. Be real, don't try to act like someone you are not. Children can spot someone faking it from a mile away. So can your clients and customers.
8. Don't try to copy other dads, your kid loves you for who you are and if you try to be someone else it will have the opposite effect. Don't try and copy your competition, you need to be different and unique to stand out.
9. Have fun. Life is too short to be miserable.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.