Man claims his uncle owes him money after using him as a front for R3m tender

Man claims his uncle owes him money after using him as a front for R3m tender

- Bheka Nxumalo's uncle is Ubuhlebezwe mayor, Zamo Nxumalo

- He claims Zamo used him as a front to win a R3m tender

- However, Zamo allegedly never paid him a cent

PAY ATTENTION: Click "See first" under the "Following" tab to see Briefly News on your newsfeed!

A 24-year-old man in KwaZulu-Natal claims that his uncle, who is a local mayor, used him as a front to win a R3m tender but never paid him a cent.

As a result, Bheka Nxumalo said he is struggling to pay for his studies at the Durban University of Technology, Briefly.co.za gathered.

Speaking to Daily Sun, Bheka said Ubuhlebezwe mayor, Zamo Nxumalo, used him as a front for his company, ZDN Trading Enterprise.

Ubuhlebezwe mayor Zamo Nxumalo (left) speaking at a previous function. Source: News24

Ubuhlebezwe mayor Zamo Nxumalo (left) speaking at a previous function. Source: News24

Bheka claimed when Zamo became mayor in 2011, he made him owner of the company, which later won the sewage pipe tender.

He said:

He asked me to take over and the company was registered in my name. He said he would pocket 60 percent of the profits and give me the remaining 40 percent.
After he was awarded the R3 million tender in 2014, his attitude towards me changed. He didn’t pay me a cent.

READ ALSO: Court rules that Gigaba violated the Constitution by lying under oath

Bheka furnished this document to prove that he is indeed a director of the company. Source: Daily Sun

Bheka furnished this document to prove that he is indeed a director of the company. Source: Daily Sun

According to Daily Sun, Mayor Zamo admitted that he made Bheka the owner of ZDN Trading Enterprise but denied promising him 40 percent of proceeds.

He said he helped his nephew to finance his studies, adding:

I’m still prepared to help him if he comes back and talks to me.

READ ALSO: Barberton lotto winner yet to claim R6.6million

Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.

To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.

Source: Briefly.co.za

Related news
Modern day Bonnie and Clyde: Scamming couple lives R28 million luxury life

Modern day Bonnie and Clyde: Scamming couple lives R28 million luxury life

Modern day Bonnie and Clyde: Scamming couple lives R28 million luxury life
Briefly.co.za
Mailfire view pixel