South Africa may soon have a new deputy president in the form of David Mabuza. Most of the attention has been focused on Jacob Zuma and Cyril Ramaphosa to such as extent that many South African's don't know all that much about Mabuza who might just become South Africa's number two.
Briefly.co.za together with iol.co.za put together this list of seven interesting facts about David Mabuza.
1. He was born in the Transvaal Province and studied at the Mngwenya College of Education. He furthered his studies at the University of South Africa and hold a Bachelor of Arts and Education Degree.
2. Mabuza has been involved in the education sector in a number of different roles. He started as a Secretary for Student Movement Organisation, the Azanian Students Organisation (AZASO).
He moved on to Chairperson of the National Education Union of South Africa (NEUSA) as well as Chairperson of the South African Democratic Teachers Union. He taught for a spell at KaNgwane Department of Education and served as a Principle of Lungisani Secondary School.
3. He became involved in Provincial politics in 1994 and was a Member of Executive Council (MEC) for Education in Mpumalanga. He then moved up to the position of regional Chairperson of the ANC.
4. His other roles included Deputy Chairperson of the ANC Mpumalanga Province, MEC for Road and Transport, chairperson of the ANC Mpumalanga and MEC for Agriculture and Land Administration.
5. He is still the Premier of Mpumalanga
6. He is married to Estate Agent for Pam Golding Property, Nonhlanhla Patience Mnisi and was formerly married to Ruth Funi Silinda.
7. His private life is shrouded in mystery but what is known is that he is in the running for Deputy President of South Africa and his rivals are Naledi Pandor and Lindiwe Sisulu.
Do you have a story to share with us? Inbox us on our Facebook page and we could feature your story.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.