- Busisiwe Mkhwebane is ready to release all records relating to her investigation into President Cyril Ramaphosa's CR17 campaign
- The Public Protector is satisfied that there was no 'unlawful activity' in her work in the BOSASA donation matter
- This comes as President Cyril Ramaphosa's legal team approached the courts to prevent the release of documents they claim were illegally obtained
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
Public Protector Busisiwe Mkhwebane insists that there had been nothing untoward in the way she collected information in her investigation of Ramaphosa's BOSASA debacle.
Briefly.co.za reported that the president had approached the High Court to have parts of the Public Protector's submission sealed off from the public.
Ramaphosa's legal team had raised concerns about possible unlawfulness on Mkhwebane's part.
Public Protector spokesperson Oupa Segalwe has insisted that the entity had carried out the probe by the book, reports News24.
PAY ATTENTION: Do you want to know what's trending on Briefly.co.za? Join our WhatsApp group today.
READ ALSO: Ramaphosa applies to have info in BOSASA matter sealed off from public
Mkhwebane has now been called on to provide all the evidence she used to come to her findings in line with court rules.
These rules dictate that the Public Protector must come forward with her information, following which Segalwe says they will become available to the public:
“She will do so in terms of the Rules of the Court by August 15. Once filed, the documents become public information and anyone can approach the registrar of the court to access that information."
Mkhwebane opted not to comment on the recent letter sent by Ramaphosa's team to the courts, as it was not addressed to her, but the Public Protector is seeking advice on how to handle the matter, says Segalwe.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!