South African fresh pineapple fridge tart is a delicious blend of super dessert flavours loaded with sweet fillings. Many people enjoy this traditional cuisine yet not many know its straightforward and simple recipe. While this rare treat is highly accessible at South African restaurants that cherish traditional meals, you can now prepare a sweet pineapple fridge tart right in your kitchen with the help of our elaborate recipe.
While growing up in the township, my Gogo prepared it frequently that we nicknamed it Gogo’s special. Among her most common variations is our best pineapple fridge tart which never disappoints anyone for its enriched flavours. Like a yogurt fridge tart, there are different versions of pineapple fridge tart, each prepared and served with a mouthwatering taste.
The best pineapple fridge tart recipe
Different fridge tart recipes confirm that the treat is delicious and one of the most popular summer puddings among several locals. Interestingly, this super meal is easy to prepare and will only take a fraction of your cooking time. Your family and friends will undoubtedly love the pineapple fridge tart regardless of the occasion.
- 1 tin or 260 grams of canned pineapple
- 2 packets of lemon or pineapple jelly
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 2 packs of tennis biscuits
- 1 large tin of ideal milk that is chilled in the fridge overnight
- Start by dissolving the jelly in 2 cups containing hot water and then allow it to cool or place it in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Carefully take out the pineapple pieces off the tin and separate the juice. Dip the biscuits in the juice.
- Cut the pineapples into tiny pieces reserving the rest for garnish.
- Use a cold bowl to gently beat the chilled ideal milk until it gains the texture of a whammed cream. This step should take 1 minute when using an electric hand mixer.
- Add the cold jelly, condensed milk, and whisk to obtain a perfect combination.
- Now, fold the pineapple pieces.
- Dip the tennis biscuit inside the pineapple juice, one at a time. Layer them at the bottom of a deep dish or flat bowl.
- Pour half the pineapple mix and then spread it evenly and repeat the layering using the unused tennis biscuits dipped in the juice.
- Pour the rest of the pineapple mixture over the biscuits on the second layer and then spread it evenly.
- Place the mixture inside the fridge and allow it to settle for about 2 hours before piping with fresh cream. Note that leaving the pineapple fridge tart inside a refrigerator for longer than a day will cause it to start drying out. Also, ensure that you cover all the corners and that there is enough mixture for all the layers.
READ ALSO: The easiest soft roti recipe ever 2019
South African pineapple fridge tart is highly famous and irresistible for its great flavours and easy preparation method. Follow the above pineapple crush dessert recipe in preparing this delicious cuisine at any time or occasion to cheer up your friends and family members.
- Kingklip recipes easy, tasty and healthy
- 5 fudge recipes worth trying 2019
- Tastiest Frikkadel recipe ever here
- Best mutton recipes ever
- Best Chakalaka recipe ever