Homemade cuisines are now becoming a preferable treat for most South African households that love to spend quality time together. The craving for quick and crispy servings makes various variations of pork belly recipes a right choice regardless of the occasion. It is no doubt that this mouthwatering resep is all you need to cheer your guests with memorable flavours. Cooking pork belly is fun, and you could be missing out on the experience. Learn with us how to cook pork belly and save yourself from time-consuming recipes.
For some time now, I have been preparing for my family and guests some roast pork belly, and they seem to love it every time. Having tried different variations of pork belly recipes, I can confidently admit that the results have been worthwhile. Home cooking excites me not only because it is a chance to show my passion for cooking but also because I enjoy the freedom of deciding my ingredients and making sure they are fresh every time. Let us now concentrate on my best pork belly recipe that will amaze you and your guests.
READ ALSO: Easy chicken liver pasta recipe South Africa
Simple pork belly recipe
How do you prepare pork belly roast? Several people often want to try roasted pork belly but are unable for the fear that it will consume into their schedule. Interestingly, our tested resep will serve your cooking needs, even on those tightly scheduled mid-week dinners since it is a quick pork belly recipe. Crispy pork belly recipe is now simpler and friendlier for everyone that loves the wonders of a pot.
Roast pork belly ingredients
- 1 kilogram pork belly
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder or any other meat spice
- 6 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to about 180 degree Celsius or 350F.
- Place a pan on an oven rack and then fill it with water. Roast using the shelf above the one with the water. Note: The water-filled pan provides moisture, turning your ordinary oven into a convection oven and further slicing the cooking time.
- Wash and then dry the pork belly using paper towels.
- Slit the fatty layer of the pork belly (on the sides) to create enough space for all the garlic.
- Rub the five-spice powder on the meat sides.
- Apply olive oil on the surface and then spread salt evenly.
- On a wire rack, place the pork in the preheated oven for about an hour.
- Continue until you observe the formation of salt crusts, making sure there is still water in the pan below.
- Remove the pork belly from the heat and carefully scale off the salt crusts.
- Now, raise the oven heat to about 240 degree Celsius or 465F.
- Place the pork in the oven and then roast it for 40 more minutes, making sure that it does not burn in the process.
- When perfectly cooked, remove the pork and then clear the salt crusts attached to its surface.
- Place the pork aside for about 10 minutes before slicing it.
- You can choose to eat it plain or with some hoisin sauce or chili sauce.
READ ALSO: South African chutney chicken recipe
Pork belly roast recipe is a perfect choice for its simplicity and ease of preparation, requiring no special skills or training. With a few ingredients and our straightforward preparation method, you can make it happen right in your own kitchen. While there are several variations of pork belly recipes out there, learning how to roast pork belly is the simplest of them all.
- Easy microwave fudge recipes for food lovers
- How to make steak and kidney pie using easy recipes in South Africa
- Original Mozart cake South Africa
- 7 Easy and tasty potato bake recipes for South African food lovers
- Simple South African boerewors recipes for a delicious dinner
Source: Briefly News