EFF: Julius Malema drags the ANC for closing borders to travel

EFF: Julius Malema drags the ANC for closing borders to travel

- Julius Malema slammed the ANC government for closing the borders and accused them of favouring whiteness

- Malema said that the Covid-19 virus came from Italy, not Lesotho, so the borders should be opened

- The EFF commander-in-chief also told foreign nationals to find creative ways to get into South Africa

PAY ATTENTION: Join Briefly News' Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

EFF president Julius Malema gave a virtual press conference on Thursday and spoke about the Covid-19 regulations in Mzansi. Malema also took the time to slam the ANC government for closing the borders to Mozambique, Zimbabwe and Lesotho.

Malema blasted the government for the congestion at the borders. Citizens from these countries have been getting screened for Covid-19 before they can enter South Africa.

The EFF has been calling for the government to allow foreign nationals to enter the country during the pandemic. Borders have been closed by the ANC until next month as part of the regulations for trying to curb the spread of Covid-19.

Read also

Mashaba slams Malema's bid to postpone local elections until 2024

EFF: Julius Malema drags the ANC for closing borders for travel
Julius Malema says that Covid-19 comes from Italy, not Lesotho, therefore borders should be opened. Image: Waldo Swiegers/Bloomberg
Source: Getty Images

Malema controversially said that the foreign nationals should find a "creative way" to enter South Africa, which could be read as a way to enter the country illegally.

The EFF president said that closing the borders in Lesotho especially was unnecessary because there is no fence between the country and South Africa.

“Whether you close the border or not, the Lesotho people are going to come into SA and they are going to come through an unregulated process without being tested," said Malema.

Malema also said that Covid-19 did not come from Lesotho, it came from Italy. He accused the government of favouring whiteness and Europeans.

Briefly.co.za previously reported that Julius Malema's EFF said no to 'mjolo' during second wave of lockdown. EFF leader Julius Malema has called for Mzansi citizens to try suspending their hookups until the Covid-19 pandemic is over.

Julius Malema had a press conference earlier today and called for people to pause their 'mjolo' for now. Malema pleaded with South Africans to stay away from hooking up and dating whilst the country is still fighting the virus.

Read also

Julius Malema's EFF says no to 'mjolo' during 2nd wave of lockdown

The EFF president said that only people who are married, such as himself, should express intimacy during these trying times.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news! 

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel