A Congresswoman, Marjorie Taylor Greene on Thursday, January 21, announced that she had filed articles of impeachment against President Joe Biden.
The lawmaker later released a statement where disclosed reasons why she introduced articles of Impeachment against the president.
According to the statement:
1. Greene alleged that Biden abused his powers when he served as a vice president under Obama.
2. The Congresswoman said President Joe Biden is unfit to hold the office of the presidency.
3. She accused Biden of being involved in enriching his family with cash from corrupt foreign energy companies.
4. According to her, President Biden residing in the White House is a threat to national security.
5. She claimed the president allowed his son, Hunter to influence the domestic policy of Ukraine for monetary benefits.
6. Greene alleged that in 2016, Biden stopped a corruption probe by threatening to withdraw $1 billion in aid to Ukraine over the investigation of a corrupt company where his family had interests.
7. The lawmaker accused Biden of "enabling bribery" and "blatant nepotism" by utilizing Hunter Biden’s position on the Ukrainian energy company, Burisma.
8. The Congresswoman alleged that Hunter Biden used his father’s influence as a then vice president to build many houses and received millions of dollars from foreign sources in exchange for access to his father.
However, there is a strong chance that Greene's articles of impeachment against Biden will fail in the 117th Congress.
The Democrats control both chambers of Congress and won't consider impeaching President Biden.
Briefly.co.za reported that following insurrection that was witnessed at the US Capitol on January 6 and recent security threats reported by the FBI, the Secret Service appears to have advised Joe Biden to wear a bulletproof vest during his inauguration.
Briefly.co.za has examined pictures of Biden captured during the Wednesday, January 20, event and can authoritatively report there is a high likelihood the new president donned a body armour under his suit.
We also shared the pictures with security experts who are also of the opinion Biden wore the protective gear, to keep him safe, just in case.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!