Case of 4 Farmers Accused of Murdering 2 Job Seekers Postponed

Case of 4 Farmers Accused of Murdering 2 Job Seekers Postponed

- The four men accused of murdering two job seekers in cold blood appeared before the Piet Retief Magistrate's Court on 12 April

- The accuseds' case has been postponed to 19 April for a formal bail application, according to reports

- The murder allegedly occurred last week and images of the bodies of the deceased have been circulating online

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

The four men accused of killing two job seekers in Bampoen near Mkhondo appeared in court today, 12 April. According to reports, the case has been postponed to 19 April for formal bail applications.

The accused allegedly shot the two men who had reportedly gone to their farm in search of work, according to the Mpumalanga police. Colonel Donald Mdhluli stated that the two deceased men were part of a group who had made their way to the farm to inquire about seasonal work.

Read also

KZN farmer left wheelchair bound after previous attack, found dead

The two men, unfortunately, lost their lives while the others were all seriously injured following a scuffle with the accused. The incident reportedly occurred last Friday.

Four men accused of killing two job seekers case postponed
The court case involving four farmers accused of murdering two job seekers has been postponed. Image: STEFAN HEUNIS/AFP
Source: Getty Images

According to TimesLIVE, the four farmers accused of the murders were arrested just hours after the shooting. They appeared in the Piet Retief Magistrate's Court today, 12 April. According to SABC, there were a number of people outside protesting.

The report by SABC stated that citizens clad in various political party t-shirts had protested outside the court, forcing the court to beef security up. A SABC reporter shared the news about the case. Take a look at the tweet below:

It was previously reported by Briefly News that a farmer and his son were taken into custody following the alleged murder of two job seekers on their property.

A total of four suspects were taken into custody, the father and son among them. The suspects have been charged with two counts of murder and assault. On Friday, in Dirkieskop three men approached a farm with the intent of gaining employment. According to reports, the farm owner told the men that their services were not needed.

Read also

Farmer and son in jail after alleged murder of two job seekers

Mpumalanga police spokesperson Colonel Donald Mdhluli said that the men left the farm but soon realised that one of them was missing.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel