Prince Phillip’s Death Certificate Lists ‘Old Age’ As the Cause

Prince Phillip’s Death Certificate Lists ‘Old Age’ As the Cause

- The Royal Family reports that the much-loved Prince Phillip died peacefully of old age

-Although His Majesty suffered from a mild heart condition before his passing, no disease or illness appears to have been the cause

- His death certificate also revealed some heartfelt information about the old Prince and cutely listed one of his occupations as 'Husband to the Queen'

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

The Duke of Edinburgh died as many of us would hope to: peacefully and as a simple consequence of old age. That's according to a death certificate released by the Royal Family.

Although the 99-year-old had been in hospital for a procedure related to a heart condition just a few weeks before his passing, his doctors believe the elderly Prince died of natural causes.

Prince Phillip’s Death Certificate Lists ‘Old Age’ As the Cause
Prince Phillip’s definitely lived a long and eventful life. Images: Getty Images
Source: Getty Images

Although sometimes disputed, old age is an acceptable cause of death in the UK if a patient is over 80 and the doctor who had been caring for the patient witnessed a gradual decline in health.

Read also

Black Coffee and Sarah Langa's dating rumours grow after Miami posts

Both conditions of which were true for Prince Phillip. The much-loved figure head's death was registered by doctors just four short days after his passing.

His death certificate also revealed some great historical information. Phillip held royal titles in both Greece and Denmark before his marriage to Queen Elizabeth.

The document also adorably listed his first occupation as Naval Officer, and second as 'Husband to Her Majesty.'

PAY ATTENTION: Never miss breaking news – join Briefly News' Telegram channel

Meanwhile, Briefly News previously reported two intruders reportedly broke into Queen Elizabeth II's Windsor estate on Sunday, April 25, just a week after Prince Philip's burial.

According to The Sun, a 31-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman were able to scale the fences at the Royal Lodge. This area is reportedly where the Queen likes to walk her dogs and also ride her horses, but luckily she was not around at the time.

Read also

Meghan Markle to release children's book about father-son relationships

However, her son Prince Andrew, who lives in the said area, is believed to have been home at the time. The intruders were arrested and reportedly released on bail pending further inquiries.

This is said to be the second incident just days after a 44-year-old Spanish woman was mistakenly let in after she insisted on being Prince Andrew's fiancée and were set to have lunch.

She spent about 20 minutes in the estate before being discovered to have breached security and arrested on suspicions of burglary. The two security lapses have raised questions about whether the recently widowed queen is better off staying at Buckingham Palace.

This also happens to be the same palace where activities were in full motion a few weeks ago after the death of Prince Philip. Millions of people worldwide were given a closer look into the beautiful castle where the late Prince was also laid to rest at a breathtaking event.

Read also

2 Intruders arrested for scaling wall at Queen Elizabeth’s Windsor estate

Could the images have given a few people the urge of wanting to see it all in person?

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel