Springboks Give Latest Siya Kolisi and Ox Nché Fitness Update After Tuesday Training Assessment
- Siya Kolisi and Ox Nché have provided a fresh fitness focus for the Springboks ahead of Saturday’s Test
- Tuesday’s training assessment has given the coaching staff a clearer picture of their recovery progress
- One final training session could still have a say before the Springboks name their team
PAY ATTENTION: Mark Briefly News as a preferred source, and our content will appear higher in your Google feed!

Source: Twitter
The Springboks have issued a fresh fitness update on Siya Kolisi and Ox Nché following their field evaluation during Tuesday’s training session, with both players tracking towards possible selection against the All Blacks.
According to SA Rugby Magazine, assistant coach Felix Jones said there were no major concerns after assessing the pair.
“Both are tracking pretty good,” Jones said. “There’s been no flags or issues from what we’ve seen today in training.”
PAY ATTENTION: You can now search for all your favourite news and topics on Briefly News.
However, the coaching staff will still assess the players during another session before finalising the team.
“We’d still have another session around the week, but there’s been nothing majorly negative coming out of either of their recovery plans,” Jones added.

Source: Getty Images
Springboks await final training session
The next assessment will be important as the Springboks prepare to face the All Blacks at Ellis Park on Saturday, 22 August 2026.
Jones’ comments indicate that both Kolisi and Nché remain in contention. However, their availability will ultimately depend on how they respond to the remaining workload.
The Springboks are expected to announce their matchday team on Thursday, 20 August.
For now, the latest assessment leaves the door open for both players to feature in the highly anticipated Test. The final training session will give the coaching staff another chance to assess their readiness before making the selection call.
Rassie Erasmus and Springboks face fresh New Zealand scrutiny
Briefly News previously reported that Rassie Erasmus had come under fresh scrutiny from New Zealand ahead of the Springboks’ Ellis Park Test against the All Blacks.
The latest criticism focused on match officials and the possibility of stoppages affecting New Zealand’s preferred tempo. With Saturday’s clash approaching, the debate has added another layer to an already closely watched series.

Read also
Rassie Erasmus breaks silence as All Blacks’ time-wasting claims surface ahead of first Test
PAY ATTENTION: Follow Briefly News on Twitter and never miss the hottest topics! Find us at @brieflyza!
Source: Briefly News
