- Two South African men have gone viral on social media after their hilarious con got exposed
- The two suspects were caught posing as food inspectors and managed to trick their way into free KFC meals for two whole years
-Mzansi social media were definitely intrigued by the con-man and took to the comments section to share their own hilarious reactions
Two South African men have been arrested following a few strange accusations. It's reported that they posed as food inspectors, in the hopes of getting a few free meals.
Magada Shirley took to Facebook and shared the interesting news.
"They ate at KFC for Two years ( free meals) saying they are food inspectors...." she captioned the hilarious post
In the silly snaps shared on social media, the two suspects stand guilty alongside a police van. It's clear they are embarrassed at being caught out.
Social media reactions
Mzansi had humorous reactions to the post, with many commending the clever con-man for pulling off the stunt for so long. Check out some of their comments below:
John Sikhosana said:
"These guys deserve a medal. They forced no one and hurt no one. KFC must just admit that they were offering bribe to these " Inspectors" ...KFC is also dishonest"
Louisa Rockman wrote:
Hein Shaw hilariously said:
"These guys were 2 STREETWISE for even KFC.
"Those 2 rand we donated for hope went to people to be fed by KFC. Including these 2 guys. we paid for their meals ..."
Selvz Maistry said:
"Imagine each day ..they will talk about what they would taste the next day"
More crime news
In some other crime stories, Briefly News previously reported that on Monday, 10 alleged cash-in-transit robbers were apprehended just hours after a cash crime in Mooinooi, North West.
A quick response from Mooinooi police resulted in the arrest of 10 people and the discovery of 12 weapons, ammunition, marked cash and four vehicles, according to police spokesman Col Brenda Muridili.
She added the suspects are facing charges of aggravated robbery, hijacking, possession of explosives and possession of suspected stolen cash, as well as possession of unlicensed firearms and ammunition.
They will appear in the Brits magistrate's court within 48 hours of their arrest, according to SowetanLIVE.
"The suspects subsequently hijacked a vehicle in the vicinity and fled the scene in an unknown number of vehicles with an undisclosed amount of money as well as two firearms taken from the security guards," said Muridili in a report by News24.
The police created a 72-hour activation plan that mobilised all essential resources. A manhunt for the suspects was launched, according to Muridili, by a squad made up of members from the Public Order Police, Boitekong Visible Policing, Operational Command Centre and Mounted Unit.
During the incident, five individuals were hurt, including a nine-year-old boy. Three security officers were injured, according to ER24 spokesperson Werner Vermaak.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!