- Fresh paid tribute to rapper Jabulani Tsambo aka HHP just three years after his untimely passing in 2018
- The DJ took to social media to honour the legend by reposting an interview he did with him on his 'MetroFM' morning show
- Fresh's tribute is in commemoration of the late star's birthday as he writes "Happy Heavenly Birthday HHP!"
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly News on your News Feed!
It has been three years since HHP passed away and his loved ones are still paying tribute to him. DJ Fresh took to social media to commemorate his friend, the late rappers birthday.
Jabba would have been celebrating his 41st birthday this month reports TSWAlebs. Fresh shared an interview from MetroFM's Fresh Breakfast Show where HHP freestyled to a Kwaito beat, leaving many in awe of his flow. the DJ took to his Instagram story to post a screenshot of the interview with the caption:
"Happy heavenly birthday#HHP! We shall never forget you"
PAY ATTENTION: Never miss breaking news – join Briefly News' Telegram channel!
Fans joined DJ Fresh in on the nostalgic moment in the comment section.
"Still my most favorite & unforgettable interview by far"
"Thanks for sharing these videos @djfreshsa. Everytime I listen to Jabba I realise he was greater than I ever thought when he was around. RIP Jabba❤️"
@ele.lwani shared their memory of the interview saying:
"I was running late that morning and sat in the car to hear it all to the end because I realised the significance of what was happening, @djfreshsa truly celebrating artists while they are alive. You are appreciated for your contribution to uplifting the industry. RIP Jabba"
Remembering late legend HHP on what would have been his 40th birthday
Depression takes the lives of many on a daily basis. With the stressful and demanding climate we live in, more and more people are falling to their knees and into depression.
Briefly News, like many others, celebrated HPP’s 40th birthday today despite him having been gone for two years already. This life was definitely taken too soon but his memory will forever remain.
HHP, the Motswako maestro, died at the age of 38. The passing of HHP hit the people of Mzansi hard, especially when it was revealed that his life was lost to a battle with depression.
On the late legend's birthday, we remember him by highlighting six awesome things about HHP:
- Jabulani Tsambo was born on 14 September 1980 and sadly passed away on 24 October 2018.
- HHP’s music career started out when he was part of a group called Verbal Assassins, working with producer Tebogo Rameetse back in 1997.
- In 2007, HHP was the winner of South Africa’s Strictly Come Dancing.
- HHP was married to Lerato Sengadi.
- His stage name HHP stood for Hip Hop Pantsula.
- HHP could perform in several languages but chose mostly to do so in Setswana.