Anga Makubalo, popularly known as Naakmusiq, is a multi-talented South African celebrity. He is an actor, presenter, model, as well as a musician. People love him for the role he plays in the entertainment industry through acting and singing.
His star continues to shine brighter each passing day. Read on to discover several details about his life and career.
Anga Makubalo profile summary
- Naakmusiq real name: Anga Makubalo
- Date of birth: 28th May 1987
- Age: 32
- Gender: Male
- Occupation: Actor, singer, presenter, model
- Nationality: South African
- Anga Makubalo Instagram: @iamnaakmusiq
- Facebook: @NaakMusiQ
- Twitter: @NaakMusiQ
Anga Makubalo early life and education
This multi-talented gentleman was born on 28th May 1987 in New Brighton, Port Elizabeth. He later moved with his mother to live in Johannesburg. Anga Makubalo mother is known as Nomvula, while Anga Makubalo father is called Musi Qaqambile. He is close to his family, and they are often spotted having a good time. The two Anga Makubalo siblings are his brother Khanyiso and sister Asanda.
He joined Edenvale High School in 2003 after getting a sports bursary. He used to play several games, including soccer, rugby, athletics, and cricket. He also went to Talent International, where he studied presenting and acting. He later became a part-time mentor and coach at the same facility. In 2009, he went to Damelin, Bramley, where he attended contemporary music classes.
Anga Makubalo marriage and family
The actor has managed to keep his dating life private. Naakmusiq wife is not known, and it is not clear who he is dating at the moment. He, however, has a lovely daughter from a past relationship. Anga Makubalo child has a great relationship with him. Details on his baby mama are also not in the public limelight.
Naakmusiq music career
Anga Makubalo, aka Naakmusiq, began his career in the music industry when Rokker Rogerz introduced him to Lunga Nombewu of Baainar Records. Anga was the first vocalist to be signed under this label. He released hit songs while there, including Ndiyindoda, Move, Ntombi Ethandwayo, Crazy, Qina, and others. He later joined Afrotainment in 2015.
He has released one album in his music career.
Born to Entertain album
This album was released on 31st October 2016. It has a total of 14 Naakmusiq songs as outlined.
- What Have You Done
- Miss Me
- Give and Take
- My Piano, My Bass
- You Are All I Need
- I’m Lost for Words
- Dance Till You Drop
- Let the Good Times Roll
- Kwenzeka Ntoni
EP and singles
NaakMusiQ has released several singles as outlined below.
- Camagu (2020). He released the single together with Mobi Dixon.
- Ndakwenza Ntoni (2019). He released this song with Bluelle.
- Mamelani (2017)
- Get With Me (2016) featuring Floda.
- Not Guilty (2015) featuring Professor, among others.
Anga Makubalo acting career
He first auditioned for the Nicolus character on SABC 1 but was unsuccessful because he could not speak Tswana. He later made a guest appearance on SABC 1 Mino Mania in 2011 as a singer. As an actor, he has been in several South African soap operas and television series. He has also been a host, presenter, and contestant in several television series. See the list below.
- SABC 1 Generations soap opera, where he played the role of MJ Memela, the son of Mawande. He joined the telenovela in December 2011.
- Z’bondiwe eTV series season 1, 2, and 3, where he played the character of Ntando Mabatha. This role depicts a young man who wants to protect the love of his life from a dangerous psychopath, even if it means joining a gang. He took this role in 2015.
- All Access Mzansi Season 10 as the host together with Mbali Nkosi in 2015.
- Broken Vows Season 1 as Chulu.
- Come Duze Season 13 as Naakmusiq.
- Igazi Season 1 as Bantu.
- Igazi Season 2 as Bantu.
- Isidingo Season 1 as Obakeng.
- Isithembiso Season 2 as Lucky.
- Ring of Lies Season 2 as Buzwe.
- The MTV Africa Music Awards Season 5 as Naakmusiq.
- The South African Film and Television Awards Season 10 as Anga Makubalo.
- The South African Music Awards Season 23 as Naakmusiq.
- Zaziwa Season 1 as Naakmusiq.
READ ALSO: Hashim Amla bio, age, family, nationality, education, current teams, stats, salary, net worth, profile
Naakmusiq's career as an ambassador and model
He is the current brand ambassador for Soviet Denim after renewing his contract in September 2019. The contract will end in December 2020. He is also the ambassador for Huawei South Africa and NPL International. He has also advertised for the following organizations.
- MTN Nigeria television advertisement (2011)
- Absa world cup print media advertisement (2010)
Anga Makubalo cars
Anga loves expensive rides. He once told the Sowetan in an interview that he is a car fanatic. He has a number of cars under his name. It seems the well-built actor loves BMWs. He has been spotted with BMW MX6, BMW M3, BMW M4, a Porsche, and others. Check Naakmusiq Instagram to see pictures of his vehicles.
Anga Makubalo house
His house appears on top of the list when ranking the best homes in South Africa. The well-built and talented musician’s house, which is located at the Willowbrook Estate in Johannesburg, is estimated to be worth around R2 million.
READ ALSO: Jonathan Oppenheimer age, children, wife, parents, businesses, net worth
Anga Makubalo Q&A
The following are frequently asked questions concerning the actor.
Who is dating Anga Makubalo?
He is single at the moment.
Who is Anga Makubalo?
He is a multi-talented South African musician, actor, presenter, and model.
Who is Naakmusiq baby mama?
His baby mama is not known.
Where is Naakmusiq from?
He was born in New Brighton, Port Elizabeth, but he later relocated with his mother to live in Johannesburg.
READ ALSO: Alex Trebek bio: wife, net worth, cancer, family, latest news
Anga Makubalo is a legend that South Africa is proud to have. He is a role model to many because he has never looked back in his career. His success is majorly drawn from his undivided focus on what he wants.
- Jailoshini Naidoo bio: age, wedding, family, acting career, profile
- Seabelo Senatla age, girlfriend, current club, stats, salary, net worth
- Brock Lesnar bio: weight, height, wife, net worth, children