DJ Warras Murder Trial Suspect Victor Majola Asks Court for 6 More Weeks to Fund His Defence

DJ Warras Murder Trial Suspect Victor Majola Asks Court for 6 More Weeks to Fund His Defence

  • Victor Majola, the alleged mastermind behind the killing of DJ Warras, appeared in the Johannesburg High Court on Wednesday, 19 August 2026
  • His lawyer, Advocate Du Plessis, requested a six-week postponement to allow Majola and his family to raise funds for his legal representation
  • The state pushed back, arguing Majola had already had two months to resolve the matter and was ready to proceed with the trial
Victor Majola wants the court to give him more time to sort out his finances.
DJ Warras Murder Trial: Victor Majola has asked for an extension. Image: djwarras
Source: UGC

The murder trial of Victor Majola, the alleged mastermind behind the killing of beloved DJ Warras, hit yet another delay on Wednesday when his lawyer appeared in the Gauteng High Court requesting more time for the accused to sort out his legal funding.

Majola, 44, stood before the Johannesburg High Court on 19 August 2026, where his legal representative, Advocate Du Plessis, asked for a further six-week postponement. The reason? Majola and his family needed time to pull together the finances required to keep his defence team on board for what is expected to be a lengthy and costly trial.

Read also

Fadiel Adams Says He Was ‘Swimming’ in Back of Police Van after his May arrest in Cape Town

Why the state is opposing proposed extension

Du Plessis made it clear he was unwilling to commit to a trial projected to run for at least 20 court days without confirmed financial cover. He told the court that both Majola and his family were confident the necessary funds could be secured within six weeks.

PAY ATTENTION: You can now search for all your favourite news and topics on Briefly News.

The state was having none of it. Prosecutors opposed the six-week request outright, pointing out that Majola had already been given roughly two months to get his legal representation in order. The judge also raised eyebrows, questioning what guarantee existed that the money would actually be raised in time. Ultimately, the court granted only a two-week window, postponing the matter to 18 September 2026, described as a final postponement on the issue of legal representation.

What happened to DJ Warras?

DJ Warras was shot and killed outside the Zambesi Building in the Johannesburg CBD on 16 December 2025. Majola faces charges linked directly to that shooting.

Read also

Alleged mastermind in DJ Warras murder case back in court for pre-trial proceedings

His co-accused, Joaquim Armando Pacula, 25, has already been dealt with by the courts. Pacula previously pleaded guilty to murder and related charges, and was sentenced to 25 years in prison after the NPA confirmed that he was paid R25,000 to pull the trigger.

Watch the court proceedings as captured by EWN Reporter.

Mzansi reacted to the latest development with frustration and dark humour:

@donald34521: "He is done dressing like he is a poor man."

@Mbojunior999: "He must stop wasting his money."

@markmywords: "Postponed, postponed, postponed… our judiciary is a mess. We need to get to the bottom of this and find out what happened to DJ Warras."

Warras murder accused wants more time.
DJ Warras' murder trial is postponed after Victor Majola asked the court for 6 more weeks. Image: djwarras
Source: Instagram

DJ Warras' final hours on social media

In an earlier report, Briefly News shared the contents of DJ Warras' final social media updates before his murder.

For fans, seeing those fresh updates online moments after the DJ was killed was haunting.

Source: Briefly News

Authors:
Jessica Gcaba avatar

Jessica Gcaba (Entertainment editor) Jessica Gcaba is an Entertainment Editor for Briefly News (joined in 2023). She is a Journalism graduate from the Durban University of Technology (2019). She has 7 years of experience as an Entertainment and Lifestyle Journalist, having worked at Africa New Media Group, writing for ZAlebs website. She passed a set of training from the Google News Initiative. To reach her, contact: jessica.gcaba@briefly.co.za

Tags: