Reiger Park Shooting Second Accused Alleges Police Assault in Court
- Jamal Meyer, 24, appeared in the Boksburg Magistrates Court on Tuesday after his arrest on Sunday in connection with the Reiger Park shooting
- Meyer's lawyer told the court his client sustained lacerations, bruises and chest pains he attributes to an alleged assault by police
- Meyer and co-accused Regan Collis face four counts of murder and related charges, with their bail application set for 25 August 2026
PAY ATTENTION: Mark Briefly News as a preferred source, and our content will appear higher in your Google feed!

Source: Twitter
GAUTENG — The second accused in the deadly Reiger Park shooting has alleged he was assaulted by police following his arrest, raising concerns about his condition ahead of a formal bail application.
Jamal Meyer, 24, appeared before the Boksburg Magistrates Court on Tuesday, two days after his arrest on Sunday. He stands accused alongside alleged gangster Regan Collis in connection with a shooting earlier this month that claimed four lives, including those of two police officers.
Meyer's alleged injuries raised in court
Meyer's legal representative, Samkele Kuzani, informed the court that his client had sustained physical injuries he attributed to police following the arrest. Kuzani described the injuries as several lacerations and bruises, and said Meyer was experiencing a sharp pain in his chest.
PAY ATTENTION: You can now search for all your favourite news and topics on Briefly News.
On the basis of these complaints, Kuzani applied for a court order directing that Meyer receive medical attention.
Both Meyer and Collis face four counts of murder, one count of attempted murder, and additional charges connected to the attack.
The court postponed proceedings to 25 August 2026, when both accused are expected to make formal bail applications.
CCTV footage may exclude Reiger Park shooting suspect
In related news, exclusive CCTV footage leaked to eNCA has suggested that Regan Collis was at home when four people were killed in Reiger Park. The grainy, timestamped CCTV recording reportedly shows Collis and a group of friends at a home when the shooting occurred. His family maintains he is being framed by members of a rival gang known as the Sour Boys, whom police believe were connected to the broader gang rivalry that motivated the attack.
McKenzie says he gave tip-off in the Reiger Park shooting
Previously, Briefly News reported that Sports, Arts and Culture Minister Gayton McKenzie revealed that he played a direct role in helping authorities arrest suspects in the Reiger Park shooting, in which four people lost their lives. In a video shared on his X account, McKenzie said he was in India when he received word that someone in the community had critical information about the attack.McKenzie said the informant was unwilling to speak to the police and explained he had one condition which was to speak to him only.
PAY ATTENTION: Stay informed and follow us on Google News!
Source: Briefly News

