Hykie Berg is one of South Africa’s most multitalented actors. Apart from dramas and soapies, he has been in reality shows, short films, advertisements, and more. He has not hidden his past of drug addiction and divorce, but what else is there to know about the man behind the name? Read on!
Hykie Berg has made a career out of having his hands in everything he could, from acting to motivational speaking, business, writing, and more. He also went through a divorce and recently remarried. Learn all about it in this biography.
- Real name: Hykie Berg
- Date of birth: May 2nd, 1978
- Age: 42 years
- Place of birth: Pretoria
- Occupations: Actor, author, M.C., motivational speaker, presenter
- Marital status: Married, previously divorced
- Hykie Berg Instagram: @hykieberg
- Hykie Berg Twitter: @hykieberg
- Hykie Berg Facebook: @hykieberg
- Website: hykieberg.com
Hykie Berg biography
He was born in Pretoria on May 2nd, 1978. This makes Hykie Berg age 42 years. For his education, he graduated grade 8 at the Wilgers High School and matriculated in 1998.
He fell into drug use and was completely addicted to heroin at the age of 19, spending this period of his life in the drug dens of the Hillbrow region. His drug usage landed him in a maximum-security cell at the Weskoppies Psychiatric Hospital.
Following his successful drug rehabilitation in Cape Town, he pursued a degree from Universiteit van Pretoria (University of Pretoria), a Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing – Second Year, Marketing/Marketing Management (General) between 1997 and 1999. He followed this up with attaining a degree from Stellenbosch University (Universiteit Stellenbosch), a Bachelor of Dramatic Arts in Arts, Entertainment, and Media Management studying between 1999 and 2002.
Career and movies
His debut on the screen came in 2003 when he was one of the actors in a youth series known as The Res. The following year saw him appear on the drama known as Plek van Meats in the starring role. 2007 was when he appeared in his first full-length film known as Ouma se Slim Kind.
He has since gone on to appear in many shows and movies. His most notable roles in South Africa are on Binnelanders and Survivor South Africa.
- 7de Laan on SABC2
- Binnelanders on Mnet and Kyknet where he played Conrad Bester
- Bloedbroers (2015), a television series where he played Bennie Naudé
- Die Geur van Appelkose (2016), a television movie where he played Anton
- Die Ongenooides (2018) a short film where he played Dirk
- Dis ek, Anna (2015) where he played Marnus Retief
- Egoli: Place of Gold where he played Darius du Buisson
- Feast of the Uninvited: Katinka Heyns on MNet
- Fiela se Kind
- Forsaken (2015), where he played Neill
- Jozi H. on SABC where he was the second leading character
- King Lear
- Klein Karoo (2013), where he played Meyer Labuschagne
- Kompleks on SABC2
- Lien se Lankstaanskoene (2012) where he played Dominee Gerhard
- Madiba Straat
- Mandela's Gun where he played John Irvin
- Mooirivier (2015) where he played Stefan Malan
- MTN Advertisement where he played the leading character
- Omi Wereld on KykNet
- One Way (2006 to 2007), a television series where he played Frank on Violent Delights, Say Goodbye, One Way Out, Double Reflections, P.S. I Love You, True Lies, Picture Perfect, Mad World, Notice Me..., Private Lies, And Baby Makes Two, A Warped Reality, and Beautiful People
- Ouma se Slim Kind (2007) where he played Steyn Struwig
- Plek van Die Vleisvreters, a 2004 television series on Mnet, KykNet, and SABC2 where he played Rudplph Du Toit
- Pretville (2012), where he played Tommie
- Rowwe Diamante where he was the second lead
- S.A. Rock Alternatief where he played Royston Stoffels
- Sleeping Beauty
- Tale of Two Titties
- Tarentella where he played H.B. Thom
- The Big Issue
- The Lounge where he played Lanon Prige
- The Res on SABC 1
- Three Dozen Roses, a stage play
- Toyota Advertisement where he was the lead character
- Verskietende Ster (2015) where he played Tomas Schuman
- Wie Le Waar where he was a presenter
He is also an author, having written the book Ultimate Survivor: Saved from My Drug Hell.
If you read this book and liked it, you could grab yourself the Personalised Inspirational Fridge Magnets. For only R135, you can get the quotes that inspire you the most written on the product so you can see them whenever you need inspiration.
Hykie Berg Survivor win
He won Survivor South Africa in 2011, which took his career to new heights.
Hykie Berg family
He was married previously but got a divorce in 2018. The matter was kept quiet and away from the media, being confirmed by the actor a few months after it was finalised without giving a reason behind the split. Hykie Berg first wife name was Melissa Berg, and they got married in 2013.
He got into another relationship with a woman named Gerridene and proposed to her on June 23rd, 2019. The two then got married in March 2020 and she took the name Gerridene Berg, becoming Hykie Berg new wife.
Pictures of the Hykie Berg wedding were posted to his wife's Instagram a short while after it happened.
That concludes our biography of Hykie Berg. If you found it informative, consider sharing it as widely as possible. Feel free to leave your thoughts and feedback in the comments section below.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that some of the links in the article are affiliate links and BRIEFLY.co.za will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. However, we always choose only the best quality products that we use ourselves and recommend to our readers. The earnings we get from the affiliate marketing help us continue preparing useful and entertaining content, that our audience enjoys.
- Ref Wayne bio, age, family, forex, strategy, Armageddon, stochastic, book, car, house, net worth
- Keagan Dolly biography: age, measurements, parents, injury, education, current team, stats, salary and Instagram
- Zikhona Sodlaka biography: Age, speech, profile, Nomhle Nkonyeni, Generations, Instagram and contact details