Dave Pepler is a well known South African environmentalist with a lot of accomplishments under his belt. The man is also a writer and lecturer. Here are fascinating details about him.
Pepler has a lot to be proud of; he has a flourishing career that spans over 40 years and an amazing love for nature that is truly unparalleled.
- Date of birth: February 2nd 1950
- Dave Pepler age: 70 years old
- Brought up in: Robertson
- Nationality: South African
- Occupation: Environmentalist, writer, lecturer
Dave Pepler family and early life
Not much is known about the environmentalist’s family, but he once divulged that while growing up, he was sent to his grandparents (Oupa Boy le Roux and Ouma Lilly le Roux) during the weekends.
Dave was raised by Maria Klink, and while he was a kid, he was known as the fattest kid in town, which led to him seeing school as absolute torture.
He grew up in Robertson in the Western Cape.
READ ALSO: Vuyolwethu Ngcukana bio: age, child, baby mama, P.O.B, accident, best photos, profile
For his education, he attended the Saasveld Forestry College, from where he obtained a National Diploma in Forestry.
He then proceeded to Cambridge in the United Kingdom, where he attained a Master of Philosophy in Zoology.
From 1974 to 2005, Dave was a technician and senior lecturer at Stellenbosch University. He was a technician in the university’s Department of Nature Conservation. During his tenure at Stellenbosch, Dave was consulted on many projects throughout the African continent.
Today, Dave Pepler is well known as the face of Groen, one of the icons of Bravo KykNET. The environmentalist has presented the programme for almost ten years now. It is currently one of the most-watched programmes on television in South Africa.
READ ALSO: Thato Moeng bio: age, husband, divorce, yotv, best photos, profile
Dave Pepler RSG
Pepler has also contributed to various radio programmes such as Hoe verklaar jy dit? This is a radio programme hosted by RSG - Radio Sonder Grense. RSG is an Afrikaans language radio service run by the South African Broadcasting Corporation.
Awards and achievements
In 2001, Dave was awarded the Molteno Medal of the Cape Tercentenary Foundation for his outstanding contribution to conservation.
In 2007, he received a Stevenson Hamilton Award - the highest honour of the Zoological Society of South Africa - for his contribution to Zoology.
He is also involved at the Centre for Invasive Biology at Stellenbosch University.
Pepler is also an environmental consultant to Chile, Tanzania, and Uganda.
He also writes for VISI and INSIG regularly.
Dave Pepler partner
It is not known when the Dave Pepler wedding took place or what his partner’s name is. However, Dave divulged that after he returned home from Cambridge, he got married, had kids, and was divorced.
Details about Dave Pepler son or daughter are not in the public domain.
Dave Pepler tours
Here are more details about the celebrity’s tours.
- Colourful India with Dave Pepler: This tour was scheduled for t5h to March 19th in 2020.
- Exotic Borneo with Dave Pepler: This one is set to take place from 5th to March 15th in 2021
- Essence of Réunion and Madagascar: Scheduled for 11th to 20th April 2021.
Dave Pepler Facebook and other contacts
The man is available on different social media platforms:
- Facebook: His Facebook page has over 42k likes and 45k likes on the platform.
- Twitter: He joined Twitter in August 2014 and his account has 582 followers to date.
- Instagram: His Instagram page has over 3.5k followers.
- Dave Pepler email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Pepler corona virus
On April 30th 2020, Dave made a Facebook post about the current COVID-19 pandemic. His post read,
Climate crisis: Coronavirus causing collapse in demand for fossil fuels while renewables make major gains, according to major global report. Pandemic on course to cause largest decrease in emissions ever recorded, six times larger than the previous record drop in 2009 following global financial downturn, says International Energy Agency
Dave Pepler has also written a book, Forever Green: Plants in the Dream Time, which was published in 2009. Clearly, the man is passionate about nature.
- Anthony Laffor bio: age, measurements, team, stats, salary, contract, profile
- Moss Makwati bio: age, wife, Uyajola 9/9, Twitter, Instagram, profile
- DJ Le Soul bio: age, real name, working with Professor, lockdown party, best pics, profile