Who could have ever imagined that the entire world could be singing and dancing along with the vocals of a lady from a small town in South Africa? Nomcebo Zikode, popularly known as Nomcebo in the music industry, has shaken the whole world with her hit song Jerusalema. Zikode is a South African singer, songwriter, and performer.
She is not only a regular singer, but her latest hit alongside Master KG dubbed Jerusalema has placed her as one of the most excellent musicians across the globe. Zikode made her debut in the entertainment industry in 2003 when she appeared on the talent search run by Ukhozi FM. It has taken her 15 years to develop her music career and polish her angelic vocals.
Nomcebo Zikode profile summary
- Full name: Nomcebo Zikode
- Date of birth: 1994
- Place of birth: Hammersdale, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
- Nomcebo Zikode age: 26 years
- Nationality: South African
- Ethnicity: Black
- Nomcebo Zikode religion: Christian
- Relationship status: Married
- Nomcebo Zikode boyfriend: Selwyn Fraser
- Profession: Singer, songwriter, performer
Nomcebo Zikode biography
The star was born and raised in Hammersdale, KwaZulu Natal. Later on, she relocated to Johannesburg, where she resides to-date.
Zikode joined Ukusa High School in KZN. From her childhood, she always aspired to be a singer. In school, she told her friends that she wanted to become a singer in the future, and they would laugh at her. After completing her matric, the singer left home in a bid to search for her career in music. That is how she found herself in Johannesburg.
While in Johannesburg, she enrolled at Havatech College. She obtained a qualification in Information Technology.
The singer is a private person, especially on matters about her life. However, according to her posts on various social media platforms, it is believed that she is married to Selwyn Fraser.
On 27th April, she posted a picture of Fraser with the following caption,
Morning... Please help me wish my husband Selwyn Fraser a beautiful Happy birthday.
Zikode's career began in 2003 after appearing on Ukhozi FM's talent search. She emerged the winner with the like of Nhlanhla Nciza, Zahara, Kholeka, and Lundi.
She teamed up with DJ Ganyani and together they produced Emazulwini. She was also signed as an artist under the Open Mic Records, which marked the beginning of her solo career. The record even got a nomination at the South African Music Awards (SAMAs).
Zikode's Afro-house single dubbed Imizamo Yami had a growing trend and gave her lots of attention.
Some of Nomcebo Zikode songs and features include:
- Nomcebo Zikode Imizamo Yami featuring Bongo Beats
- Nomcebo Jerusalema featuring Master KG
- DJ Ganyani - Emazulwini (Mas Musiq Remake) featuring Nomcebo
- DJ Ganyani - Emazulwini featuring Nomcebo (Mas Musix Remix)
- DJ Ganyani - Emazulwini (Kabza De Small Remix) featuring Nomcebo
- Bongo Beats - Thando Unamanga featuring Nomcebo Zikode
- DJ Mshega - Impilo featuring Nomcebo
- Mobi Dixon - Kobanini featuring Nomcebo and T-Love
- Master KG - Jerusalema featuring Nomcebo (Original)
- Master KG - Jerusalema featuring Nomcebo (Snippet)
- DJ Ganyani - Emazulwini (Villager SA Afro Remix) featuring Nomcebo
- Matser Chengfu - Nguwe featuring Nomcebo Zikode
- Professor - Sobalili featuring Nomcebo
- Eyadini Lounge - Jabulile featuring DJ Ganyani and Nomcebo
Nomcebo Zikode Jerusalema
This is a song by the South African DJ and record producer Master KG, featuring the super-talented South African vocalist Zikode. The upbeat gospel-influenced house jam was released on 29th November 2019, and it gained a lot of positive online response.
The music video was released on streaming sites on 10th July 2020. The hit song went viral in mid-2020, gaining global reaction due to the #Jerusalemachallenge. People from different parts of the world uploaded videos of themselves dancing to the song, including the famous football player, Cristiano Ronaldo.
The government of Israel went ahead to acknowledge and congratulate Zikode and Master KG for honouring their capital city. Some of the government officials even uploaded their Jerusalema dance challenge videos too.
The talented Zikode earns her money through paid features, music royalties, live show performances, and YouTube views. As of 2020, Nomcebo Zikode net worth was estimated to be around R800,000.
Nomcebo Zikode pictures
The singer loves her photos. As a result, most of them are professionally done. Here are some of them from the Nomcebo Zikode Instagram account.
1. Couple goals
The star is one of the lucky few who get to have her manager as her life partner. Fraser wears the hat of a husband and a manager.
2. A loyal fan
It is a great achievement to attain global recognition, but it melts the heart to see kids jamming to your tune. Jerusalema has been warmly received by the old and young.
3. Embracing our culture
Beads, natural hair, and zero make-up are a good expression of an African woman. Nomcebo has represented the true identity of a black woman with all the traits above. Her natural beauty is unmatched.
Nomcebo Zikode facts
Here are some few lesser-known facts about the talented singer:
- She loves dancing preferably behind closed doors in the comfort of her home.
- She listens to all music genres, but above all, she loves African sounds.
- Lunch is her favourite meal of the day.
- Zikode loves pap and amasi.
The biography of Nomcebo Zikode tells the story of a young girl who was determined to become a successful singer. She is a source of inspiration to young women.
Ever since she stepped foot into the limelight, she succeeded in making a name for herself as one of the most recognizable voices. Some of her music is made in her native Xhosa, but her music reaches an audience beyond her natives.