Tshwane South College is a public TVET learning centre with a reputation for empowering and preparing young people for occupational success. The institution has gone ahead of others in providing quality education to all with minimal requirements. Even better, interested learners have a long list of courses to choose their preferred career paths.
Securing a study place at Tshwane South College is now more accessible through online applications. Part-time and distance learning are part of the reasons why thousands wish to join the institution. Their learning schedule is not only friendly but also adaptable to the modern world, where people are attending classes as they further their careers. All four campuses (Odi, Centurion, Pretoria West, and Atteridgeville) enjoy a reasonable rate of enrolment with all the necessary facilities to steer learning.
Tshwane South College courses
What courses does Tshwane South College offer? The college focuses on skill-based careers because it started as an economic growth initiative. For this reason, various courses offered by Tshwane South TVET College concentrate on the practicality of knowledge in the twenty-first century.
National Certificate Vocational NC (V)
- Tourism: offered only at Odi
- Hospitality: offered only at Centurion
- Office Administration: all campuses apart from Pretoria West
- Information Technology: offered only at Pretoria West
- Engineering and Related Design: offered only at Pretoria West
- Finance, Economics and Accounting: offered only at Atteridgeville
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction: offered only at Atteridgeville
- Electrical Infrastructure and Construction: offered only at Pretoria West
Programme 191 Nated courses
- Civil N1- N6: offered at Atteridgeville and Odi
- Electrical N1- N6: all campuses
- Mechanical N1- N6: all campuses apart from Atteridgeville
- Business Management
- Financial Management
- Management Assistant
- Marketing Management
- Clothing Production Skills
- Early Childhood Development
- Hospitality and Catering Services
- Practical Workshops
- Short/Hobby Courses
- Practical Skills Training
Short courses (Hobby programs)
Tshwane South College registration dates
Is Tshwane South College open for registration? Initially, the official college application deadline for most courses was the second week of January 2021. However, these registration dates commencing 11 January 2021 were provisionally cancelled, and the institution advised those interested to watch out for further communication.
There are enough Tshwane South College vacancies for new applicants to book and fill in 2021. Most of these openings include competitive study programs with evergreen opportunities. However, the college insists on timely applications to provide sufficient time for the shortlisting exercise. For this reason, eligible candidates are encouraged to apply right away before the deadline. On the deadline, some courses allow for applications at every start of a new term, while others do not.
How do I apply for Tshwane South College?
The application procedure is straightforward, with the right form and supporting documents at hand. Luckily, the institution does not use National Benchmark tests in their admission criteria. Here are the steps to follow:
i. Fill Tshwane application form
New learners can get the application forms from the offices in various campuses through the following Tshwane South College contact details:
- 85 Francis Baard (formerly Schoeman Street)
- PO Box 151, Pretoria 0001
- Tel: 012 401 5000 - General Enquiries
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tek Base, College Street, LYTTELTON, 0140
- Private Bag x 1018, LYTTELTON, 0140
- Tel: 012 660-8500
- Fax: 012 664-8358
- Email: email@example.com
- 5 Khoza Street, Atteridgeville
- PO Box 97615, WESPARK, 0146
- Tel: 012 373-1200
- Fax: 012 373 8032
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pretoria West Campus
- 150 Industrial Street, Pretoria West
- Tele: (012) 380-5000
- Fax: (012) 386-1245
- Email: email@example.com
- Molefe Makinta Highway (Formerly Lucas Mangope Highway) Opposite Morula Sun Casino Stand No. 5218, 0190
- Private Bag X564, Mabopane
- Tel: (012) 725 - 1800
- Fax: (012) 702-5752 / (012) 702-3387
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ii. Filling the application form
Applicants should make sure they have an email address before starting to fill in their form. Note that the address is vital for subsequent communications.
iii. Attach relevant academic and supporting documents
Make sure that you attach and submit your application alongside certified copies of your qualifications.
iv. Accommodation inquiries
Does Tshwane South College have accommodation? While some campuses offer accommodation, others do not. Learners should, therefore, make inquiries regarding the availability of accommodation and the options available for them. The good thing is that there are enough hostels within the vicinity of Tshwane South TVET College.
Tshwane South College online application
Instead of filling the application manually, the internet is a more convenient way of securing a study place at TSC regardless of location. Learners without access to paper applications can as well apply and qualify to study at Tshwane South College without limitations. The process requires an email address to receive a student number as an application receipt confirmation.
Here is how to make Tshwane South College Centurion online application, and for other campuses.
- Start by accessing the TSC portal.
- If you already have an account, proceed to login. Otherwise, register a new account.
- Fill in the required information and then submit to complete the application process. The info needed includes the year of study, type of course, campus, registration type, study direction, and the course that you want to pursue.
Tshwane South College fees
Every program offered comes with its payable fees. It is, therefore, crucial to check the fee structure before initiating the application process. However, the fees for most courses range between R1,000 and R20,000. On the bright side, there is no application fee required when applying to join Tshwane South College.
Does NSFAS fund Tshwane South College? Yes, NSFAS provides financial aid to deserving learners enrolled at Tshwane South College. Also, FET College student bursaries are exclusively available to Report 191 (Nated) and NC (V) Programs. The financial support includes accommodation fees, tuition fees, and transport fees.
Is Tshwane South College registered?
Yes, the school has accreditation to offer capacity training in different fields of study, including those enlisted below. Most importantly, Tshwane South College is a public institution with indiscriminate policies in enrolment and training at the National Qualifications Framework level.
Is Tshwane South College a public college? The school is a registered TVET college in line with the Continuous Education Training Act.
It is now easier to apply and enroll at Tshwane South College because of its affordable programs. The institution is also an excellent choice if you are searching for skill-based and marketable study programs. All the best in your studies!
Briefly.co.za shared a list of the courses offered at Flavius Mareka TVET College. This institution is an excellent selection for learners who have finished high school and do not want to go to traditional universities. Also, postgraduates can further their studies at Flavius Mareka TVET College.
Learning is done at the three branches: the Sasolburg site, Kroonstad, and Mphohadi. The institution offers National Certificate Vocational (NCV), Report 191 programs, and Learnerships and skills programmes.
Source: Briefly News