Ace Magashule Kicked From Virtual Nec Meeting, Women's League Turns on Him

Ace Magashule Kicked From Virtual Nec Meeting, Women's League Turns on Him

- Embattled suspended ANC secretary-general Ace Magashule has been kicked from a virtual meeting

- Ace Magashule had met with ANC Women's League official shortly before the NEC meeting

- On Friday night, the ANC Women's League shot down idea suggested by Bathabile Dlamini that the step-aside policy is placed under review

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

Suspended ANC secretary-general Ace Magashule kept his word and attended the virtual NEC meeting held on Saturday.

However, he was uninvited and kicked out when members of the ANC's highest decision-making body demanded that he leave.

Ace Magashule Kicked From Virtual Nec Meeting, Women's League Turns on Him
Ace Magashule was unceremoniously kicked from an ANC NEC virtual meeting. Photo credit: @MyANC
Source: Facebook

They said that he could attend meetings again when his appeal had been finalised according to News24.

Magashule had met with ANC Women's League officials before the NEC meeting. The previous night Bathabile Dlamini had lost control of the meeting when she suggested that the step-aside policy should be reviewed and that the ANC should hold and national general council.

Read also

"It's a kangaroo court": Ace Magashule accuses ANC of double standards

However, her suggestion was shot down and she even threatened to leave due to the vehemence members opposed her suggestion according to The Sowetan.

Magashule claims that he is still the secretary-general of the ANC despite his suspension because he is in the process of appealing it.

PAY ATTENTION: Never miss breaking news – join Briefly News' Telegram channel

Earlier, Briefly News reported that Ace Magashule threatens to crash the party over the weekend and attend the NEC meeting despite his suspension.

Magashule gave an exclusive interview to the SABC in which he levelled a number of accusations against the ruling party over its step-aside policy.

He also reassured his supporters that he is not going anywhere and plans to appeal his suspension.

He subtly accused the ANC of double standards. He claimed that there were many people within the ANC who have pending criminal cases who have not been suspended according to The Citizen.

Read also

Ace Magashule compares his suspension from ANC to apartheid exile

In other news, ANC secretary-general Ace Magashule has said that his suspension from the ANC is similar to the draconian laws imposed upon the ANC by the apartheid government.

Magashule was interviewed by the SABC and he said that the step-aside policy was an example of hypocrisy.

Magashule is being criminally charged in relation to a R250 million asbestos auditing contract. He has labelled the charges 'bogus'.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel