Kaya FM Responds to Sol Phenduka’s Suspension: "The Process is Still Underway"
- South African radio station Kaya FM recently commented on media personality Sol Phenduka's suspension
- Phenduka made headlines a week ago when he confirmed in a Podcast and Chill episode that he was suspended because of Minnie Dlamini's lawsuit
- South Africans previously took to social media to lambast the station for suspending the fan-favourite radio personality

Source: Instagram
Kaya FM has responded to the suspension of media personality Sol Phenduka from the breakfast show, which he co-hosted with Sizwe Dhlomo.
This comes after the radio personality hinted on his social media platforms that he's unemployed and updated his bio.
Phenduka also shared in a Podcast and Chill episode with MacG that he will no longer be going back to radio.
The Citizen reported on Wednesday, 27 August 2025, that Kaya FM is still investigating Phenduka's suspension, and an update will be provided once the internal process has been concluded and a final decision has been reached.
PAY ATTENTION: stay informed and follow us on Google News!
The radio station couldn't divulge whether Juliet Joseph would permanently replace Phenduka if the radio personality were to get fired from co-hosting the breakfast show.
The publication adds that a verdict on the podcaster and DJ's suspension is expected by the end of the week.
Entertainment commentator Mlu previously shared on his X account on 20 August 2025 that the broadcaster was suspended from the radio station with immediate effect.
South Africans respond to Phenduka's suspension
@southafricandly said:
"I’m beginning to think Kaya FM is toxic. First was Dineo Ranaka, then Unathi, now it's Sol Phenduka. Wow."
@LeboSopazi wrote:
"Oh no, @Solphendukaa. I hope it’s a suspension with pay, and I hope he doesn’t get fired. Not during these difficult economic times, unless he has a bigger plan."
@Zwely10111 replied:
"Everyone working with my goat, Sizwe, got suspended."
@Vena_tions responded:
"The 'radio is dead' monologues between the G and Mac are going to be epic on the podcast from now on. MacG was soft for Sol's sake."

Read also
Sizwe Dhlomo reacts to fans threatening to boycott Kaya 959 following Sol Phenduka suspension
@immortalz24 said:
"Kanti, what's happening at Kaya FM? First, it was Unathi Nkayi, then Dineo voluntarily left. Now it's @Solphendukaa. Phela, we know who calls the shots there at Khaya FM."
@Planner_Sphe reacted:
"That’s unfortunate news. Hopefully, the investigation is handled fairly and transparently. Kaya 959 should communicate clearly with listeners as soon as possible, because keeping people in the dark only fuels speculation. Wishing Sol all the best while the process unfolds."

Source: Twitter
Gogo Skhotheni reacts to Sol Phenduka’s post
In more entertainment news, Briefly News previously reported that former sangoma Gogo Skhotheni commented on Sol Phenduka's job cleansing post following his suspension from popular radio station Kaya FM.
Phenduka jokingly shared on his social media account that he might need muthi to lift the suspension from the station.
Fans of the podcaster commented on his hilarious post, while some revealed that they want him back on air.

Read also
Podcaster blasts MacG for costing Sol Phenduka his job, Mzansi questions: "Weren't you supporting him?"
Briefly News asked financial expert Fulufhelani Mashapha how controversies like Sol Phenduka’s suspension affect corporate sponsorships.
PAY ATTENTION: Follow Briefly News on Twitter and never miss the hottest topics! Find us at @brieflyza!
Source: Briefly News