South African actress, Thandy Matlaila , is no stranger in the entertainment industry. She also has many other talents - she is a dancer, choreographer, entertainer and television presenter. Here is 10 facts about the Mzansi star.
1. Actress, Thandy Matlaila was born on 23 August 1987.
2. She holds a film and music degree from AFDA.
3. Her dream job, as a kid, was to be a YO-TV presenter or gospel musician like Rebecca Malope.
4. She has many talents - she is an actress, dancer, choreographer, entertainer and television presenter.
5. Thandy is best known for her role as Lindiwe Ngema on the SABC1 drama series, Tshisa, from 2006 to 2013.
6. She past the dance manager for the Ultra Always Keep Dancing Competition in 2007 that was part of the Jam Alley show. The talented actress was involved with artist’s management and the running of the show.
7. Thandy is also on the advisory board of the Sophie Ndaba Foundation and is a former ambassador for Afrika Tikkun (NGO) and Miss Earth SA.
8. She is the managing director of Aptitude Consulting, a public relations agency. She took time off from acting in 2014 to work fulltime on the business, while furthering her studies.
9. Thandy also runs a charity initiative, Bring-A-Tin, that collects clothes and tinned foods on a regular basis and takes them to her two adopted homes: Agape Childrens’ Home in Yeoville and The Central Methodist Church for the homeless kids that live there.
10. She said she draws inspiration from her mother because her mother gave up some of her dreams to raise her and gave her the best life she could have asked for.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!