Waffles are among the sweetest and yet healthiest snacks that one can ever have. Not only are they tasty but also easy to make. Going through these recipes will make your love for this tasty snack grow even more. The fact that they can be made from easily accessible ingredients will cause you to make them your go-to snack. You will be spoilt for choices on which waffle recipe to choose.
Waffles are the kind of snacks that will have you feeling yummy in your tummy. The most interesting part about them is that they can be served in different ways. Another thing that makes them a plus is the fact that there is a variety of ways that they can be prepared, making them versatile. The trick in this is settling for the type that suits you best. How about learning the tricks on how they are prepared? You might end up saving your coins by making them at home instead of buying them.
Easy waffles recipes
The most interesting part about this snack is that there are several types that one could make. If you are a fan of the snack, these are the different types of waffle recipes that you could try out:
1. Fluffy waffle recipe
If you love your waffles fluffy, you can make them by following these easy waffle recipe for waffle maker for the yummy snack.
READ ALSO: Easy chicken liver pasta recipe South Africa
- Two cups of all-purpose floor
- Two teaspoons of baking powder
- One tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 large eggs (separated)
Ingredients for the cinnamon cream syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 150 ml of evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Coat it gently using a baking spray.
- Add all your dry ingredients: wheat flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl and mix to obtain a homogeneous mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks and milk to obtain a uniform mix.
- Add the egg and milk mix to the wheat flour mix. Stir the ingredients until they are moistened.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they begin to form peaks.
- Add the beaten egg whites to the moistened wheat flour mix and whisk to obtain a batter. It is important to note that the batter will be lumpy and that should not be a cause for panic.
- Scoop the batter and place it on the preheated waffle iron. Let the waffles cook for two to three minutes until the colour turns to a golden brown
- Serve them hot or place them in a cooling rack to cool. To store the leftovers, put them in an air-tight bag and freeze.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon syrup on your waffles while serving it.
2. Belgian waffle recipe
If you are not comfortable with having your snacks in their fluffy state, you could opt to have Belgian waffles. They are not difficult to make and are as tasty as the fluffy waffles. If you were wondering about how to make them, you could try out this simple Belgian waffle recipe.
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 7.5 ml of active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups of warm milk (110 degrees)
- 3/4 cup of butter, melted and cooled to lukewarm
- 1/4 cup of warm milk (110 degrees)
- 3 egg whites
- 3 egg yolks
- Preheat the waffle iron to your desired temperature.
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup of warm milk and the yeast. Stir to dissolve the yeast.
- In a separate large bowl, add 1/4 cup of the warm milk, the melted butter, and the three egg yolks and whisk them all together.
- While stirring, add the yeast mixture, the vanilla essence, salt, and sugar.
- While stirring, add the 21/2 cups of milk alternating with the all-purpose flour. Start with the milk and use the floor to control the consistency of your batter.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until they begin to form peaks.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Cover the bowl using a plastic cover or a cling foil and place it in a warm place for about 1 hour to allow it to rise.
- Brush your preheated waffle iron with oil.
- Scoop bits of your batter and place them on your waffle iron. Cover it and let the batter bake until the steaming stops. Take them out of the waffle iron once they begin to turn to a golden brown color.
3. Easy waffle recipe no eggs
If you are the type that does not like the taste or smell of eggs in your food, that does not mean that you will miss out on this tasty snack. That is so because this is the best waffle recipe that suits your condition. You could try it out now.
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of self-rising floor
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 of vanilla essence
- A pinch of baking soda
- In a bowl, add the sugar, butter, vanilla essence, and milk and whisk to ensure that the vanilla essence is evenly distributed in the mix.
- Add the salt and baking soda and continue whisking.
- Add the self-rising flour in bits while mixing. The floor will determine the consistency of your mix.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk until the juice is evenly distributed in the mix.
- Preheat your waffle iron to your desired temperature and brush some oil on its surface.
- Add a few scoops of the batter to the surface of the waffle iron and cover it to let it bake for 8 minutes until they turn to a golden brown.
- Serve them immediately. You could also top them up with maple syrup, chocolate syrup, or honey.
4. Crispy waffle recipe
If you are not after the fluffy kind of waffles, you could try out the crispy ones. Preparing them is not as complicated as it sounds, especially when you follow these steps.
- 11/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 10 teaspoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- In a different bowl, add the butter and the eggs and whisk. Add the milk in bits while stirring until you obtain a uniform mixture.
- Add the butter, egg and milk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until the batter that is formed is moistened. It is important to note that the batter will be lumpy, so that should not be a cause of alarm.
- Spray the surface of the waffle iron with some cooking oil.
- Scoop about 2 cups of the batter and spread it on the surface of the waffle iron using a spatula to obtain edges that are 1/2 an inch thick.
- Let the batter bake for about 7-8 minutes until it turns to a golden brown.
- To make the waffles crispy, after taking them out of the waffle iron, place them on a cooling rack on a baking sheet in an oven whose temperature has been set to warm.
- Serve the yummy snack with fruits.
With all these options available, why would you want to live a boring life when you could feast on this tasty snack? The best part about it is that there are several ways on how to make waffles. The one thing that you could do is try out these methods before settling for the suitable waffle recipe for waffle maker. You could also make your snack tastier by topping it up with syrup or fruits.
- The best fish pilchard recipes South Africa
- Top 5 scones recipe
- Classic South African hertzoggies recipe