If you are looking for counseling, applied psychology, and coaching courses, you should check out South Africa College of Applied Psychology (SACAP). The institution blends practical applied skills with robust theory in an intimate and interactive learning environment. Here is all you need to know about joining the institution.
SACAP is one of the Mzansi’s higher education institutions known for training registered counsellors. The institution believes in making quality mental health care more accessible by deploying registered and qualified counsellors in the society and job market. Learn more about how to secure admission and much more.
Admission: SACAP requirements for registration
The minimum requirement for admission is a National Senior Certificate with a minimum grade of 45% in English. However, every course has specific and different requirements. The South Africa College of Applied Psychology offers qualifications in 4 levels. These include:
Are you a potential student wondering "how do I apply to SACAP?" First, you have to download the SACAP form after having a career choice talk with the official admissions officers. The team is readily available to guide you in making wise decisions concerning your career path.
Fill in and submit your application form with supporting documents online through email@example.com. You can also physically deliver them through an admissions officer. The supporting documents include:
- Certified copy of national ID
- Character reference letter
- Certified copy of Matric results
- Addendum for Bachelor of Psychology or Honours
- Proof of R300 application fee or R600 if applying for Bpysch
READ ALSO: List of UNISA courses 2020
For SACAP online application, download and fill the form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that you have your supporting documents in digital form and click on the “submit” icon to successfully complete the process. Proceed to upload all the necessary softcopy documents and pay the application fee
As the final step, the college’s registration fees may vary according to the student’s mode of study and study plans. Due to this, each student must speak to the admissions team for a validated fee structure. Completion of fee secures you a student number, textbook lists, and invite to orientation.
For mysacap sacap edu za login, you need to enter your email address or username, which can also be your student number, followed by your password. In case you do not remember your password, tap on the lost password, and follow the instructions to retrieve it.
SACAP courses 2020
Besides offering psychology courses in South Africa, SACAP offers a wide range of discipline programs that include:
1. Short courses:
- Coaching in the Workplace
- Coach Practitioner Programme
- Advanced Coach Practitioner Programme
- Postgraduate Diploma in Coaching
Psychology & counselling courses
1. Certificates & diplomas:
- Higher Certificate in Counseling and Communication Skills
- Advances Certificate in Counseling and Communication Skills
- Diploma in Counseling & Communication
2. Degrees & postgraduate:
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Majoring in HRM and Psychology)
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology)
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) BPsych Equivalent Programme
- Masters of Social Science [Mental Health Promotion]
- BAppSocSci Degree (Psychology and Business Management)
3. Professional degrees:
- Bachelor of Psychology (BPsych)
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) [BPsych Equivalent Programme]
READ ALSO: All you need to know about CHIETA bursary
In an effort of giving back to society, SACAP currently offers financial aid to bright students from humble backgrounds. Interested students are required to apply annually for financial assistance. This funding is through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), and the award is according to the means test.
1st-year bursary program
First-year students will only get the application form upon giving the Financial Aid Office a letter from the University. It must indicate that the student is either accepted or provisionally accepted for the academic year. However, students will have access to the money in the third term.
NOTE: Difference between SACAP and SACAPSA
Given their almost similar abbreviations, many people do confuse South Africa College of Applied Psychology “SACAP” with South African Council for the Architectural Profession “SACAPSA.” Make sure you double-check while doing your admissions not to confuse www.sacapsa.com for www.sacapsa.com.
SACAP contact details
- Email: email@example.com
- Johannesburg Campus
- 22 Westbrooke Drive, Strathavon, Sandton
- Tel: (011) 447 4939
SACAP Cape Town campus
- 1st Floor, Sunclare building, 21 Dreyer Street, Claremont
- Tel: (021) 671 7692
- 5th Floor, 199-203 Peter Mokaba Road (previously Ridge Road - North), Morningside
- Tel: (031) 944 4909
SACAP Pretoria campus
- 1st Floor, North Block, Brookfield Office Park, 261 Middel Street, Nieuw Muckleneuk
- Tel: (012) 941 8550
- 5th Floor, Sunclare building, 21 Dreyer Street, Claremont
- Tel: Tel: 0860 77 11 11
SACAP is one of the higher education institutions that are training registered counsellors in Mzansi. The institution believes in making quality mental health care more accessible. It is the leading independent education provider in counselling, applied psychology, and coaching courses. They offer affordable qualifications for both undergraduate and postgraduate.