Sedibeng College has the vision to become a leading TVET college by providing affordable training and education. The main mission of Sedibeng is to have their staff give students the best qualifications with their major courses focusing on engineering and business. The courses offered are mainly categorized depending on the campus. Here is a chance to learn more about Sedibeng's online application.
New feature: Check out news exactly for YOU ➡️ find “Recommended for you” block and enjoy!
Before enrolling for any course at Sedibeng, it is very important to ensure that you have gone through the list of requirements and you qualify for the particular course. Furthermore, for a successful application, it is important to ensure you understand what is needed to register at Sedibeng College.
Before applying, prospective students should familiarize themselves with the Sedibeng College courses and requirements. Your journey to Sedibeng TVET begins here. This article will help your journey to Sedibeng TVET College smooth as it gives an insight into the courses offered and the requirements.
What courses does Sedibeng College offer?
The institution offers various NATED (National Accredited Technical Education Diploma) and National Certificate Vocational programmes. Below is a list of all the Sedibeng TVET College courses you can pursue. In addition, here is an updated list of Sedibeng TVET College courses 2022-2023.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly News on your News Feed!
The skills programmes offered are:
- Craft and Confectionery Baking
- Cosmetology/ Beauty Therapy
- Hairdressing NQF Level 2-4
- Curtain Making
- Flower Arranging
- Garment Making
- Events Management
- Linen Making
- Fashion Design
- Manicure, Pedicure and Make-Up
- End-User Computing
- P.C. Repair
- Project Management
The National diploma courses offered are in two categories;
Business Studies N4-N6:
- Management Assistant
- Public Relations
- Art and Design
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Clothing Production
Engineering studies N1-N6:
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy and Light Current)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
National Certificate Vocational (NCV)
The National Certificate Vocational courses offered are in three different categories;
- Finance; Economics and Accounting
- Generic Management
- Office Administration
- I.T. and Computer science
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Engineering and related design
- Civil engineering and Building Construction
- Safety in Society
How do I apply online for Sedibeng College?
The college has made it seamless to submit applications. Prospective students can complete the application process online at www.sedcol.co.za. Three simple stages are involved, meaning you no longer have to fill in the forms manually. Applications from prospective students who complete the phases are considered, while the incomplete ones are rejected.
Phase one of Sedibeng TVET College online application in 2022
This first phase of the sedcol online application involves completing a career interest questionnaire or aptitude test containing 190 questions. Follow the steps below to find the application form for Sedibeng College.
- On an internet-enabled device, visit the official college website.
- Click New Student Applications under the Registrations tab.
- Next, click Continue under the Phase one section to access the aptitude test.
- Register an account to gain access to the test. South Africans require their identity number to register, while international students require their identity number of their country (NOT passport number).
- A list of 190 questions will appear on your screen. All are YES/NO questions; completing them will take about 15 minutes.
- Once finished, a report will be autogenerated based on your responses. This will assist you in making an informed career choice.
You can only get to this step after completing the previous one. Phase two entails giving your biographical and academic details. You will also choose your preferred course here.
- If you are logged out, visit the application portal and enter your login details to access your account.
- Next, select your preferred course.
- Upload the supporting documents required.
- Next, complete the biographical information section.
- Once you finish the Sedibeng College online application in 2022, an email confirmation of your application will be sent to your email address.
Disclaimer: Verifiers will reject your application if your supporting documents are unclear or not readable.
The last phase applies to applicants who uploaded unclear supporting documents. If your application is rejected because of issues with the documents, you can visit the application portal to make amends. There is a special uploading tab you should use to re-submit your documents.
What is needed to register at Sedibeng College?
There are various documents and certificates you need to have when applying here;
- Copy of your I.D./ passport
- Copies of academic certificates
- Proof of address
- Identification document of your next of kin
- A study permit for international students
- A letter from the employer for Heidelberg part-time students
- A valid email address
- Working internet connectivity
- Valid mobile phone number
NB: Documents should be uploaded in jpg. or PNG formats.
In addition to what is stipulated above, international students also need to have;
- Study permit (valid for a duration of the study period)
- SAQA Foreign Qualifications Evaluation (www.saqa.org.za)
Requirements and fees
The entry requirements vary depending on the specific course you wish to pursue. The entry requirements for National Certificate (Vocational), for instance, are lower than those for a NATED Report 191 programme.
The variation is also seen in the school fees. The amount depends on the level of academic learning and the course being pursued. Being a public institution, the government regulates the fees, and needy students can apply for NSFAS funding.
Before applying to Sedibeng TVET college, it is necessary to ensure that you meet all requirements for the preferred course you want to study. TVET colleges are known to have lower qualifications compared to Universities in South Africa. Here is a list of requirements you need for a successful application.
- Grade 9 Certificate or equivalent qualification for (NCV Courses)
- Grade 9 Certificate with a 50% pass in Mathematics for ( Engineering NCV Courses)
- Grade 10 with 50% in Mathematics OR Grade 11 with 40% in Mathematics for (Engineering NATED Courses)
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent (For NATED Courses)
Sedibeng TVET College contact details
The institution has four campuses. If you want more details from the institution, you can access them by using the contact details below.
- Telephone number: (016) 420 2520
- Telephone numbers: (016) 420 2520/ (016) 0040 407
- WhatsApp: 071 777 3257 (general enquiries)/ 064 014 5434 (NSFAS enquiries)
- Telephone numbers: (016) 420 2520/ (016) 100 8234
- Telephone numbers: (016) 420 2520/ (016) 933 5644
- Telephone numbers: (016) 420 2520/ (016) 421 1150
Is Sedibeng College still open for application?
Applications for 2022 are closed. Unfortunately, this means that you cannot join the institution in 2022. However, you can apply for a slot in the coming academic year once they are opened again.
Where is Sedibeng TVET College located?
The institution's main campus is in Vereeniging. It also has campuses in Heidelberg, Sebokeng, and Vanderbijlpark.
Is Sedibeng College open for the second semester?
The college is open, and continuing or already admitted students are going on with their studies are scheduled in the academic calendar.
Are applications still open at Sedibeng College?
Is Sedibeng College open for 2022 applications? The college is accepting applications for other courses except engineering. Applications for NATED engineering programmes opened on 8th June 2022 and closed on 8th July 2022.
What is the Sedibeng TVET College application fee?
The Sedibeng TVET college application fees are stated in the application form. To have a successful application, make sure your application is complete; otherwise, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
When is Sedibeng College opening?
The institution is open, and continuing students are going on with their studies.
Sedibeng College provides quality education to its students. In addition, the institution admits qualified students to various courses of their choice. The institution has qualified lecturers ready to assist everyone in fulfilling their dreams.
Briefly.co.za recently published the courses offered at Embury College (STADIO Higher Education), the application process, and tuition fees. Embury College merged with other private colleges in South Africa to form STADIO Higher Education.
The institution offers high-quality education to all students. It has competent trainers who ensure students get relevant skills and knowledge. If you are interested in joining this private institution, you can apply for a slot online.
New feature: check out news exactly for YOU ➡️ find "Recommended for you" block and enjoy!
Source: Briefly News