Kim Cloete is a dynamic, creative force to reckon with in the South African entertainment industry. She is a TV presenter, film actress, stage actress, and aside from that, she is a businesswoman. She is known by many as the host of the talk show, LunchBox, which is an SABC3 daytime talk show. She is also known for her role in the popular soap operas Isidingo and Binnelanders. Keep on reading to find out more.
Kim is a re-owned and well-versed actress who has remained focused and determined throughout her life. The Bonteheuwel-born entrepreneur has maintained a strong presence on South African television screens.
Kim Cloete profile summary
- Full name: Kim Cloete
- Place of birth: Cape Town, South Africa
- Date of Birth: 25th August 1979
- Age: 41 years
- Gender: Female
- Nationality: South African
- Profession: TV presenter, businesswoman, MC, and actress
- Marital status: Married
- Spouse: Murry Todd
- Kim Cloete Instagram: @kim_cloete
- Facebook: @kim_cloete
- Twitter: @kim_cloete
Kim Cloete family and biography
Kim Cloete is a South African entrepreneur, actress, producer, and TV presenter born on 25th August 1979. Kim Cloete Vinette Ebrahim’s daughter followed her mother and father’s footsteps into the entertainment industry. The father, Ivan D. Lucas, is also a renowned actor in South Africa, and she has two sisters, Talia and Lehana. She grew up in Bonteheuwel, where she did her primary and secondary schooling. After completing her education at Arcadia secondary school, she received a full scholarship to study accounting at the University of Cape Town. However, she set her eyes on the bright light of Johannesburg to follow her passion. She is seemingly growing younger by the day with Kim Cloete age being 41 years.
READ ALSO: Moonchild Sanelly biography: age, daughter, songs, and pictures
Kim Cloete marriage and relationship
Kim’s love life has not always been a smooth ride. Kim Cloete married Rowan Cloete, but the two, later on, got divorced. Rowan, Kim Cloete ex-husband, is also an actor. In 2014, she went public with her relationship with Loukmaan Adams with whom she was engaged; however, in 2016, she called off her engagement.
Nonetheless, all the signs indicated that she was ready to give up on her marriage when she took her first big step by accepting a wedding proposal from Murray Todd, who is also an actor. Kim Cloete wedding has not yet been planned. The two have been friends for more than 11 years, as she stated in her Instagram account; however, at the time, he was just a friend in a similar career. She is blessed with two children, Kim Cloete baby girl Leah and boy Duncan, who mean the world to her.
READ ALSO: Thembi Mtshali biography: age, children, family, TV shows, movies, songs, albums, record label, nominations and Instagram
Kim Cloete career
Kim moved to Johannesburg in 2001 in pursuit of a career in television. She made her debut in a popular children's show called Craz-E, which lead to a role on DKNT, Zing, Ontbysake on kykNET, and other shows like Lunchbox, Kollig, and Pasella. Kim was also a newsreader at Good hope FM, and later in 2014, she was offered a morning show on Heart 104.9 FM called Kimmistry.
In addition to acting, Cloete, together with her ex-husband Rowan Cloete, runs a production company, Long Island TV. She also co-owns of apartments around Johannesburg's northern suburbs. The presenter launched her NGO Dreamerschild, which is aimed at protecting women and children from any form of abuse, including human trafficking. In 2017, she partnered with Afrikaans Films and Television.
READ ALSO: Gerrie Nel bio: age, wife, education, cases, on Oscar Pistorius, contact details
- 2004 - Plek van die Vleisvreters (TV Series) as Kim Nicholas
- 2008-2009 - Wild at Heart (TV Series) as Neema
- 2009 - Crime: It's a Way of Life as Michelle
- 2012 - Littekens (Short) as Dorothy Davids
- 2014 - Iemand Anders (Short) as Jenny-Lee
- 2016 - Twee Grade van Moord as Frankie Pietersen
- 2018 - Kim Cloete Fynskrif (Fine Print) (TV Series) as Anne Matthews
- 2019 - Hotel (TV Series) as Patricia
- 2019 - Die Spreeus (TV Series) as Cindy
- Kim Cloete Arendsvlei as Olivia Wolfe
- SABC3 daytime talk show as the host from 2008-2009
- KykNET show Zing as Billie in 2008
- SABC2, Comedy show, Colour TV – 2011
- Plek Van Die Vleisvreters and Villa Rosa, Both on kykNET
- Wild at Heart for the BBC and Hallmark
- SABC2 soapie 7de Laan
- Presenter, Both M-NET and kykNET
- Presenter On Craz-e, e.tv’s daily programming block for children
- The South African Film and Television Awards - Season 10 -Performer - Herself
READ ALSO: Sipho Makhabane biography, family, songs, albums, nominations, profile
- 7de Laan (Season 1)
- 90 Plein Street (Season 4)
- Kim Cloete Binnelanders (Season 11)
- Binnelanders (Season 12)
- Binnelanders (Season 13) - Kim Cloete bittersoet
- Colour TV (Season 1)
- Die Byl (Season 1)
- Die Spreeus (Season 1)
- Fynskrif (Season 1&2)
- Hotel (Season 3)
- Jacob’s Cross (Season 3)
- LunchBox (Season 1)
- Mooiloop! (Season 1)
- Parlement parlement (Season 2)
Here are some of Kim's precious and unforgettable moments.
READ ALSO: Thomas Msengana bio: age, ex, new girlfriend, Metro FM, profile, net worth
Kim Cloete is a top journalist and presenter who has continued to stay relevant in her field. She continues to impact the lives of many through her NGOs by transforming lives.
- Thato Moeng bio: age, husband, divorce, yotv, best photos, profile
- Cat Stevens bio: age, real name, children, wife, parents, songs, albums, profile
- Christi Panagio bio: age, child, husband, diet, TV shows, profile