- Many would be surprised to find out that some SA sports stars have tertiary educations aside from their sporting accomplishments, such as Percy Tau
- While many sports stars rely solely on their sports careers to make a living, others have invested in themselves by acquiring an education
- Percy Tau and Lehlonolo Majora are among those local football stars who have qualifications
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
Having an education may not be what it used to be with a society increasingly finding ways to generate an income and make a living without one - it still serves as something to fall back on when whatever plans you may have had start to fall through.
While playing sports such as soccer and basketball can earn one a hefty wad of cash, it's always good to invest in another source of income for the day you stop playing or can no longer play.
According to Kick-Off, over 40% of soccer players become bankrupt after they retire. With that whopping figure, it's no surprise that the following footballers saw fit to bag themselves further education of some sort.
READ ALSO: Mzansi pair dancing to Amapiano hit 'Amanikiniki' is a whole mood
1. Siboniso Gaxa: Political Science and Social Studies at Wits, currently studying law
2. Percy Tau: Bachelor in Commerce from UNISA
3. Lehlonolo Majoro: National Diploma in Radiology Diagnostics from University of Johannesburg
4. Harold Ndlovu: Bachelor of Information Studies from the University of Limpopo
5. Bernard Parker: Diploma in Sports Management at Boston City College
READ ALSO: Christmas comes early for local booze drinkers after beer truck crash
Briefly.co.za also reported that Cassper Nyovest says he is not "rich rich" yet. The rapper took to social media to open up about how badly he wants to be a billionaire one day. The Amademoni hitmaker was responding to a fan who asked him how he sleeps at night knowing that he is "rich rich".
Cass said he is not as rich as he wants to be yet. The star said for now he is just "balling". Mufasa explained:
"I'm not Rich Rich yet. I'm just balling! Rich Rich is when you own a Jumbo Jet and you hire it out to rappers like me. One day, I'ma be a billionaire though!!!"
With his much-anticipated album Any Minute Now on the way and the hard work that Cass puts in, he is surely on his way to becoming a billionaire. Wealthy rappers such as Kanye West and Jay-Z started out with nothing but they are today counted among some of the world's high rollers.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!