- Birth name: Refiloe Maele Phoolo
- Born: 16 December 1990
- Place of birth: Mahikeng, North West, South Africa
- Nationality: South African
- Main activity: Rapper, songwriter, entrepreneur, record producer, amateur boxer
- Musical genre: Hip hop, Kwaito, Amapiano
Cassper Nyovest started rapping at the age of 12. He moved to Johannesburg in 2008 and was mentored by Motswako rapper HHP. He released his debut single ‘Gusheshe’ in 2013, which was followed by his second single “Doc Shebeleza” in 2014. He released his debut album, Tsholofelo in July 2014.
In October 2015, he debuted his second album, Refiloe at his first “Fill Up” concert at the Ticketpro Dome in Johannesburg. The album had songs with The Game, DJ Drama, Stonebwoy and Casey Veggies.
In May 2017, he released his third album, Thuto and the album featured guest appearances from Tsepo Tshola, Black Thought, Nadia Nakai and others.
In November 2018, he released his fourth album, Sweet and Short, and it featured guest appearances from Shwi Nomtekhala, DJ Sumbody, Frank Casino and others.
In September 2020, he released his fifth album Any Minute Now, which was dedicated to his son.
Cassper Nyovest has one child, a son named Khotso Izwe Simba Phoolo who was born on 13 September 2020.
Cassper Nyovest’s parents are Muzuki and Letsebela Phoolo. He has a sister named Tsholofelo Phoolo and a late brother named Khotso Phoolo who passed away in 2003.
Cassper Nyovest has won numerous awards throughout his career, including:
- Best Hip Hop Album at the 2014 South African Music Awards
- Most Gifted Male at the 2014 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Most Gifted Southern Artist at the 2014 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Most Gifted Video of the Year at the 2014 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best Newcomer at the 2015 South African Music Awards
- Best Hip Hop at the 2015 MTV Africa Music Awards
- Song of the Year at the 2015 Metro FM Music Awards
- Best Hip Hop Album at the 2016 Metro FM Music Awards
- Album of the Year at the 2016 Metro FM Music Awards
- Best Collaboration at the 2017 South African Music Awards
Cassper Nyovest has been romantically linked to several women, including:
- Amanda du-Pont (2014): The actress and rapper dated briefly in 2014. However, they broke up shortly after.
- Boity Thulo (2015-2016): The actress and rapper dated on and off for several years, but officially confirmed their relationship in 2015. They appeared on the cover of DRUM magazine and even got engaged. However, they split in 2016 due to alleged cheating.
- Lizelle Tabane (2016): The model and socialite was rumoured to be dating Cassper in 2016 after they were spotted together on several occasions. However, they never confirmed their relationship.
- Thobeka Majozi (2018-present): The influencer and businesswoman is Cassper’s current girlfriend and the mother of his son Khotso. They started dating in 2018 and have kept their relationship private.
Cassper Nyovest’s discography consists of his top singles and albums in chronological order. They are:
- Gusheshe (Single, 2013)
- Doc Shebeleza (Single, 2014)
- Tsholofelo (Album, 2014)
- Mama I Made It (Single, 2015)
- Le Mpitse (Single, 2015)
- War Ready (Single, 2015)
- Refiloe (Album, 2015)
- Tito Mboweni (Single, 2017)
- Destiny (Single, 2017)
- Baby Girl (Single, 2017)
- Thuto (Album, 2017)
- Monate Mpolaye (Single, 2018)
- Sweet and Short (Album, 2018)
- Good for That (Single, 2020)
- Amademoni (Single, 2020)
- Bonginkosi (Single, 2020)
- Any Minute Now (Album, 2020)