Ntsiki Mazwai Demands AKA’s Music Be Muted by Radio Stations

Ntsiki Mazwai Demands AKA’s Music Be Muted by Radio Stations

- Ntsiki Mazwai has called on radio stations to boycott AKA on air following allegations of abuse

- The controversial media personality believes that the rapper's music should not be played while he is still being tried by the court of public opinion

- Mzansi social media users have had mixed reactions about Mazwai's thoughts on the issue

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!

Ntsiki Mazwai has called for AKA’s music to be muted from radio amid accusations that he abused the late Nelli Tembe.

Ntsiki Mazwai demands AKA’s music be muted from radio stations
Ntsiki Mazwai wants AKA's music pulled from radio stations. Image: @miss_ntsiki_mazwai
Source: Twitter

As more videos of the toxic relationship leak, Mazwai believes that it is irresponsible to have his music played on radio. Taking to social media, she posted:

“I think all radio stations need to mute AKA music till further notice...”

Social media users had mixed reactions to Mazwai’s thoughts:

Read also

Fact check: No, Somizi did not call out estranged hubby Mohale

@martyrsyndrome said:

“I think artists found to be on drugs should be muted. The way its done in sport. That would be a way to discourage the use.”

@wendymckay201 said:

“I’m against GBV but this is just wrong. Who then stand up for a boy child. Women are abusers as well. Nothing shows that she was abused by AKA.”

@radebecfiso said:

“Lady Zamar needs to be muted too, it unfair what happened to Sjava, he lost a lost.”

@bayandapeace said:

“So according to you it's guilty till proven innocent? Is there even a case opened against him?”

@traviejonker said:

“I guess this is what makes you a great so-called activist, being biased and selective. You never said this rubbish with other perpetrators. You were always beating about the bush, when it comes to specifically mentioning them, because they had money, and it made you scared.”

PAY ATTENTION: Never miss breaking news – join Briefly News' Telegram channel

Read also

AKA & Nelli Tembe: More videos leaked of couple’s explosive fights

Meanwhile, Briefly News reported that AKA left fans a little confused on Saturday when he released another statement discussing the death of Anele 'Nelli' Tembe.

The statement slammed suggestions that he had anything to do with her passing. It all became clear on Sunday morning when a local publication reported that they were in possession of a video showing AKA allegedly abusing the late Tembe.

News24 reported that they were in possession of a video showing AKA breaking down a door to get to the 22-year-old, who was hiding out in a bedroom. The incident allegedly occurred in their Bryanston home on March 13.

The publication further reported that a friend of Nelli's spoke out, saying that AKA had previously been abusive towards Nelli and "smashed her face against the wall".

In AKA's statement released the day before, the rapper said that he would not stand back and watch people smear his name.

Read also

Another video showing DA's Solly Msimanga getting beaten surfaces

"I am a passionate and emotional person, what I will not stand for is watching people attempt to disparage my name and importantly Anele's character to suit a narrative we both never signed up for."

He also said that he hopes everyone affected by Anele's choice would come to terms with her passing and heal.

Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!

Source: Briefly.co.za

Online view pixel