Verulam Residents Horrified by What 'Indecent Acts' Inside Local Cemetery
- Residents near the Wick Street Local Cemetery in Verulam, KZN, raised the alarm over disturbing behaviour taking place inside the grounds
- Reaction Unit South Africa received multiple complaints about men allegedly engaging in sexual acts on graves while watching adult videos
- RUSA announced drone patrols and dispatched reaction officers after previous attempts to chase the men away repeatedly failed
PAY ATTENTION: Mark Briefly News as a preferred source, and our content will appear higher in your Google feed!

Source: Facebook
KWAZULU-NATAL - Residents living near the Wick Street Local Cemetery in Verulam's CBD, KwaZulu-Natal, have had enough. They are calling for urgent action after the cemetery was allegedly turned into a hotspot for indecent behaviour, with men reportedly engaging in sexual acts among the graves.
Security company raises the alarm
Accoring toThe Citizen , Reaction Unit South Africa (RUSA) confirmed it received multiple complaints about the situation. According to the organisation, the alleged incidents have been happening since January 2026, with different men reportedly visiting the cemetery during both daytime and evening hours.
"Residents allege that different men regularly visit the Wick Street Local Cemetery during the day and evening, where they allegedly perform sexual acts while standing on or lying on graves and tombstones while watching explicit videos," RUSA said.
PAY ATTENTION: You can now search for all your favourite news and topics on Briefly News.
Families living nearby left horrified
The most recent complaint reached RUSA on a Monday, after local security and cleaning company Project 360 contacted its headquarters for help. Residents in a nearby block of flats said as many as four different men had been seen engaging in the acts on an almost daily basis.
What has made the situation especially distressing for the community is that audio from the adult videos could reportedly be heard by children living in surrounding residential complexes.
Previous efforts to remove the men failed
This is not the first time attempts have been made to put a stop to the behaviour. Municipal workers and members of the public had previously tried to chase the men away, but according to RUSA, the alleged offenders kept coming back.
Some of the incidents reportedly took place in full view of passersby, which further outraged residents. RUSA noted that the individuals involved reportedly come from different demographic groups and show up at various times throughout the day and evening.

Read also
IPID official says some KZN police task teams conducted operations to eliminate, not arrest suspects
RUSA launches aerial patrols over the cemetery
In response to the growing outrage, RUSA said it would step up efforts to monitor the Wick Street cemetery. A drone pilot will conduct regular aerial patrols over the site, while reaction officers will be deployed as needed.
For the families living in the shadow of the cemetery, the hope is that consistent monitoring will restore a sense of dignity to an area that has long served as a place of rest and remembrance.
Woman aught exhuming bodies at the cemetery
Briefly News also reported that an alleged sangoma was caught red-handed by Kagiso community members after apparently exhuming a grave and removing a casket. The dramatic moment was filmed and posted on Facebook, showing the man cuffed and ready to be taken to the police station. Enraged South Africans slammed the violation, with family members of those buried at the cemetery expressing deep anxiety over their loved ones' graves
PAY ATTENTION: Stay informed and follow us on Google News!
Source: Briefly News

