Former Bafana Bafana Team Manager Sipho Nkumane Dies at 56
- The South African football community is mourning the death of a former Bafana Bafana team manager who played an important role behind the scenes
- News of Sipho Nkumane’s passing has prompted a response from SAFA, with tributes now emerging for the former national team official
- Nkumane’s death comes as his family prepares to honour his life, with important details surrounding his final farewell now confirmed
PAY ATTENTION: Mark Briefly News as a preferred source, and our content will appear higher in your Google feed!

Source: UGC
Former Bafana Bafana team manager Sipho Nkumane has died at 56, and his family confirmed his passing on 19 August 2026. Nkumane died on Sunday, 16 August, after receiving treatment at a hospital in Sebokeng.
His brother, Fistoz Nkumane, confirmed his death to the South African Football Association (SAFA). Speaking about the loss, Fistoz said the family was struggling to come to terms with his death.
According to SAFA's official website, Nkumane said:
“He passed away in hospital in Sebokeng a few days ago. The family is devastated.”
PAY ATTENTION: You can now search for all your favourite news and topics on Briefly News.
SAFA pays tribute to former Bafana manager
Nkumane was involved in South African football in several capacities during his career. Among his roles was serving as Bafana Bafana team manager. SAFA president Danny Jordaan described his death as a significant loss to both the association and the wider football community.
“Our sincere condolences to his family and we grieve his passing. May his soul rest in peace,” Jordaan said.
Nkumane is survived by three children.

Source: UGC
Funeral arrangements confirmed
His family will hold a memorial service on Thursday, 20 August, followed by the funeral on Saturday, 22 August. His brother confirmed the dates, as the football community remembers Nkumane’s contribution to the national team and South African football.
Zolani Tete’s death shocks South African boxing
Briefly News previously reported on the death of former two-division world champion Zolani Tete, who was fatally shot in Mdantsane on Friday, 21 August 2026.
The 38-year-old boxer had been preparing for a return to professional boxing after his four-year ban ended in July. His death has since sent shockwaves through the boxing community, with police investigating the shooting.
PAY ATTENTION: Follow Briefly News on Twitter and never miss the hottest topics! Find us at @brieflyza!
Source: Briefly News

