- Birth name: Robyn Rihanna Fenty
- Born: 20 February 1988
- Place of birth: Saint Michael, Barbados
- Nationality: Barbadian
- Main activity: Singer, actress and businesswoman
- Musical genre: Pop, R&B, dance, adult contemporary
Rihanna is a worldwide star. She is one of the most successful female artists of all time, with over 250 million records sold.
Rihanna began her musical career in 2003 when she auditioned for record producer Evan Rogers in Barbados. He invited her to the United States, and she later signed to Def Jam Recordings. Her first album, Music of the Sun, was released in 2005. Her second album, A Girl Like Me, was released in 2006.
Rihanna’s third album, Good Girl Gone Bad (2007), signalled a shift in her musical style and image. Rihanna continued to try different genres and work with various artists on her following albums. Rated R was released in 2009, and Loud in 2010.
Talk That Talk followed in 2011 and Unapologetic in 2012. After a break of four years, Rihanna returned with her eighth album, Anti (2016).
Rihanna has also ventured into acting and appeared in several films, such as Battleship (2012), Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017), Ocean’s 8 (2018).
Rihanna was born to Monica Braithwaite and Ronald Fenty. She has two brothers, two half-sisters and a half-brother. Rihanna has a son with A$AP Rocky, RZA Athelston Mayers, born on 13 May 2022.
Rihanna’s net worth as of June 2023 was $1.4 billion, making her the wealthiest female musician in the world and the second-wealthiest female entertainer after Oprah Winfrey. The bulk of her fortune comes from her beauty brand, Fenty Beauty, which she launched in 2017 in partnership with LVMH. Fenty Beauty was estimated to be worth $2.8 billion in 2021, of which Rihanna owns 50%. Rihanna also owns 30% of Savage X Fenty, valued at $270 million in 2022. She also makes money from music, acting and endorsements.
- American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist (2007)
- Grammy Award for Best Rap Song (2010)
- Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration (2010)
- Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording (2011)
- American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Album (2011)
- American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Album (2012)
- American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist (2013)
- Grammy Award for Best Urban Contemporary Album (2014)
- American Music Award for Favorite Song - Soul/R&B (2016)
- Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Performance (2018)
- American Music Award for Favorite Female Artist - Soul/R&B (2018)
- Chris Brown (2007-2009; 2012-2013): Rihanna and Chris Brown began dating in 2007. Their relationship became violent in 2009. They broke up but got back together in 2012. They parted ways again in 2013.
- Drake (2009; 2010; 2016): Rihanna and Drake had an on-and-off relationship. They dated in 2009 and 2010 but stayed friends. They revived their romance in 2016 but broke up later that year.
- Matt Kemp (2010)
- Leonardo DiCaprio (2015): Rihanna and Leonardo DiCaprio ignited dating rumours in 2015 but never confirmed their relationship.
- Travis Scott (2015): Rihanna and Travis Scott had a short affair in 2015.
- Hassan Jameel (2017-2020)
- A$AP Rocky (2020-present): Rihanna and A$AP Rocky started dating in 2020. They confirmed their relationship in 2021. The couple share two kids together.
Rihanna has released eight studio albums, two compilation albums, two remix albums, one soundtrack album, one live album, one extended play and over a hundred singles.