- Birth name: Aubrey Drake Graham
- Born: 24 October 1986
- Place of birth: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Nationality: Canadian
- Main activity: Rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, businessman
- Musical genre: Hip hop, R&B, pop rap, pop, trap
Drake is a Canadian rapper, singer and songwriter who became famous as an actor on the TV show Degrassi: The Next Generation. He is one of the most influential and popular artists in modern music, known for mixing singing and rapping in his songs and for bringing R&B sensibilities to hip-hop.
Drake began his music career by releasing his first mixtape, Room for Improvement, in 2006, followed by Comeback Season in 2007 and So Far Gone in 2009. He then joined Young Money Entertainment, a label founded by Lil Wayne.
Drake has had cameo roles in films and TV shows such as Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues and Think Like a Man Too. He is a “global ambassador” of the Toronto Raptors NBA team and obtained naming rights to their practice facility.
Drake‘s albums are:
- Thank Me Later (2010)
- Take Care (2011)
- Nothing Was the Same (2013)
- Views (2016)
- Scorpion (2018)
- Certified Lover Boy (2021)
- Honestly, Nevermind (2022)
- Her Loss (2022)
Drake has a son named Adonis Graham, who was born on 11 October 2017.
Drake was born to Dennis and Sandi Graham. His parents split up when he was five years old, and he was raised by his mother in Toronto. Drake has a half-sister named Stephenie, who is from his father’s previous relationship.
According to Forbes, Drake’s net worth as of 2023 is estimated at $250 million. He earns most of his income from his music sales, streaming royalties, touring, endorsements and business ventures. He has deals with brands such as Apple Music, Sprite, Nike, Virgin America and Whataburger. He also owns the OVO Sound record label, the OVO fashion label and the Better World fragrance House.
Drake has won numerous awards and accolades for his music and achievements. He has won four Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, 29 Billboard Music Awards, 20 BET Awards, six Juno Awards and three MTV Video Music Awards.
Drake has dated several celebrities and public figures over the years:
- Rihanna (2009-2016): Drake and Rihanna had a complicated relationship that lasted for several years. They never officially announced their status as a couple and eventually went their separate ways.
- Nicki Minaj (2010-2014): Drake and Nicki Minaj had a close friendship that sparked dating rumours. They denied being romantically involved and claimed to be like siblings.
- Serena Williams (2011-2015): Drake and Serena Williams had a short fling that was captured by paparazzi. They never confirmed their relationship and eventually moved on.
- Jennifer Lopez (2016-2017): Drake and Jennifer Lopez had a brief romance that shocked many fans. They reportedly split after a few months due to their busy schedules.
- Sophie Brussaux (2017): Drake and Sophie Brussaux had a one-night stand that resulted in the birth of their son, Adonis. They kept their affair a secret until Pusha T exposed it on his diss track The Story of Adidon in 2018. Drake later admitted to being a father.
- Bella Hadid (2017): Drake and Bella Hadid had a short fling that was rumoured to have caused tension between him and her ex-boyfriend, The Weeknd. They never confirmed their relationship.
- Malaika Terry (2018): Drake and Malaika Terry had a casual relationship that was spotted by paparazzi. They never made their relationship official.