- Ace Magashule will not be apologising any time soon according to MKMVA spokesperson Carl Niehaus
- He said that Magashule and other suspended ANC members were taking the ruling party to court over their suspensions
- Magashule has a ten-day deadline to apologise for issuing President Cyril Ramaphosa with a letter of suspension
MKMVA spokesperson Carl Niehaus has said that before any apology is issued by Ace Magashule there will be legal action over the ruling party's decision to suspend the secretary-general.
Niehaus confirmed that Magashule and other suspended ANC members would be launching legal challenges against their suspensions.
According to Times Live, Niehaus is aware that Magashule has a limited time to apologise but this would not happen before the legal challenges are finalised.
Ramaphosa had said that the suspension letter was a flagrant disregard for internal party rules. Deputy secretary-general Jesse Duarte said that the letter had not been written at the behest of any of the ANC structures.
Earlier, Briefly News reported that President Ramaphosa has demanded an apology from Ace Magashule for issuing him with a suspension letter last week.
The president was speaking at the recent ANC NEC, where the collective members reached the conclusion.
However, with no apology issued yet, many are left wondering if it’s even coming. If the embattled politician refuses to apologise, he will be subjected to more charges at his disciplinary hearing.
Meanwhile, the secretary-general had previously argued that he should be allowed to continue in his job as he has appealed his suspension.
The reaction to Ramaphosa’s statement has left South Africans holding their breaths in anticipation of what’s to come between the leaders of the severely divided ruling party.
In other news, beleaguered ANC secretary-general Ace Magashule reacted to the warrant of his arrest in connection to the R255-million asbestos contract in the Free State.
In an exclusive interview with Briefly News, a nonchalant Magashule said:
"I'll present myself to the authorities on Friday. This is a war and I'm not prepared to retreat at this point. The enemies of the revolution will rejoice if I retreat. The target is the ANC, our task is to defend it with all what we have."
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!