- This past weekend Bongi experienced a freak accident that could have taken her life
- When performing in Durban, she stepped on a wire on stage that shocked her so badly that she blacked out
- She is alive and recovering, but finding it hard to walk due to her injuries
PAY ATTENTION: Click 'See First' under 'Following' tab to see Briefly news on your news feed.
Bongi Dube almost lost her life. She experienced a freak accident recently that could have taken her life. She is lucky to be alive.
The daughter to the late Lucky Dube was performing in Durban this weekend and a landed up getting severely injured due to a freak accident that could have killed her, reported ZAlebs.
When she was on stage, Bongi was electrocuted. She ‘stepped on one of the electric chords which was not properly wrapped’ and was wacked with a large shock of electricity.
Briefly.co.za learnt that the star said that ‘it felt like someone had hit her with a knobkerrie’. The shock was so hectic that she blanked out and remembers nothing else.
PAY ATTENTION: Save mobile data with FreeBasics: Briefly is now available on the app.
Bongi has suffered severe injuries to her legs as well as her left arm. She is grateful to be alive and able to move.
READ ALSO: Mshoza had to scrap all her social media accounts and starts fresh
Her husband, who is a doctor, was contacted by her manager. He rushed to the scene to save his injured bae.
A shock like that can take a lot out of a person. Bongi is finding it hard to walk, but she is taking time to recover.
For more amazing, funny and informative videos, please visit Briefly South Africa's YouTube Channel.
Do you have a story to share with us? Go to our Facebook page and leave a comment.
To stay up to date with the latest news, download our news app on Google Play or iTunes today.
Source: Briefly News