Hawks Address CCTV Footage Allegedly Showing Reiger Park Shooting Suspect at Home

Hawks Address CCTV Footage Allegedly Showing Reiger Park Shooting Suspect at Home

  • Video footage allegedly showing Reiger Park suspect Regan Collis at home during the deadly shooting surfaced online over the weekend
  • Hawks spokesperson Katlego Mogale said investigators remain confident in their case, insisting the footage will be dealt with in court
  • Collis and co-accused Jamal Meyer appeared in the Boksburg Magistrates Court on Tuesday, with bail proceedings set for next week
Hawks
The Hawks addressed CCTV footage allegedly showing Regan Collins (left) at home. Images: @visse_ss/X and Emmanuel Croset
Source: Getty Images

GAUTENG — The Hawks have rejected suggestions that video footage circulating online could compromise their case against Regan Collis, the 23-year-old suspect arrested in connection with the deadly Reiger Park shooting.

The footage, reportedly shared by people close to Collis, allegedly places him at his home at the time the attack occurred. It began circulating over the weekend, fuelling questions on social media about whether the correct person had been arrested and whether the investigation could be undermined.

Hawks stand firm on investigation

According to EWN, Hawks spokesperson Katlego Mogale addressed the matter directly, saying the unit's investigators remained confident in the strength of their case.

Read also

De Hoop farm shooting: Police find ‘Enemies of the Boer’ journal after suspect is killed

PAY ATTENTION: You can now search for all your favourite news and topics on Briefly News.

"Those videos can do the rounds. The investigators have taken the footage that they're supposed to take, and that will be deliberated in court," Mogale said.

It is not yet known whether police have independently reviewed the circulating footage or whether it has been formally incorporated into the evidence under investigation. Mogale described the investigation as watertight.

See post here:

Two accused appear in Boksburg court

Collis appeared alongside co-accused Jamal Meyer, 24, in the Boksburg Magistrates Court on Tuesday. The two men face charges linked to the Reiger Park shooting, which claimed the lives of two police officers and two women.

During his first court appearance, Meyer alleged that he had been assaulted by police officers, a claim that is yet to be formally investigated or addressed publicly by authorities.

Both accused are due back in court the following Tuesday, when bail proceedings are expected to take place.

Read also

Reiger Park shooting second accused alleges police assault in court

Families of Reiger Park shooting victims speak out

Briefly News also reported that two families in Reiger Park, Boksburg, are demanding answers after their loved ones were shot dead on Friday night in what they believe was a deliberate, targeted killing. Jaydin Magerman and her cousin Rolene Lessing were killed at close range near a shop in the area. The two women had gone out to buy firewood from a store close to their grandmother's home before the attack took place. They were found shot inside a vehicle less than 50 metres from the shop.

Source: Briefly News

Authors:
Mbalenhle Butale avatar

Mbalenhle Butale (Current Affairs writer) Mbalenhle Butale is a current affairs reportet at Briefly News (joined in 2025). She has over five years newsroom experience. Butale worked at Caxton News as a local reporter as well as reporting on science and technology focused news under SAASTA. With a strong background in research, interviewing and storytelling, she produces accurate, balanced and engaging content across print, digital and social platforms. Email: mbalenhle.butale@briefly.co.za