Chicken is one of the healthiest meats available on the market. When you combine meat and other foods such as vegetables, and whole wheat tortilla, you end up with a very nutritious meal. Like with a sandwich, the fillings and ingredients determine how tasteful a chicken wrap is. Below are some of the wraps ideas that you can try out at home for the best chicken wrap recipe. You will notice that most of the ingredients used are easily available for the best chicken wrap.
READ ALSO: Banting green list recipes
Chicken is one of the healthiest meats available on the market, especially when you make a wrap out of it for the best recipe. When you combine chicken and other foods such as vegetables and whole wheat tortilla, you end up with a very nutritious recipe. Like with a sandwich, the fillings and ingredients determine how tasteful a wrap. Below are some of the chicken wrap ideas that you can try out at home for the best chicken wrap recipe. You will notice that most of the ingredients used are easily available.
Chicken wrap recipe
Follow the guide below on how to make the best chicken wrap.
1. Simple chicken wrap recipe
When you need a quick fix, you can use this easy recipe to make chicken wraps for dinner. The meal below is for two to four people. Surprise your friends and family with your favorite chicken wrap recipe that they will adore.
- .One tablespoon of salt
- Olive oil
- Black pepper for seasoning
- 2 Lettuce
- Three large tomatoes chopped
- Four whole wheat wraps (tortillas)
- Two onions
- One sliced avocado
- ¼ cup of Lime juice
- Season the fillets with black pepper and salt on all sides. Then coat the chicken breasts in breadcrumbs.
- Heat olive oil (two tablespoons) in a cooking pan, and then fry the breasts until they turn golden brown on both sides. Then slice the chicken breasts into strips.
- Spread mayonnaise over the whole wheat wraps and then layer them with the lettuce leaves, sliced avocado, chopped spring onions, tomatoes, and the strips. Then pour more mayonnaise on the layers and roll up the wraps tightly. You can secure all wraps by inserting toothpicks at the ends.
- Squeeze some lime juice over all wraps and serve.
2. Spicy chicken wrap recipe
If you like the tastes of the different flavors and herbs, this spicy chicken wrap recipe is a must.
- 800 grams fillets
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- Two crushed garlic cloves
- Four tablespoons of freshly cut coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne powder
- ¼ teaspoon of dried chili flakes
- Two tablespoons of lime juice
- Two medium-size carrots, grated
- Six thinly sliced green onions
- ½ shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Eight large whole wheat wraps (tortillas)
- Mix cumin, garlic, pepper, chili flakes, lime juice, coriander leaves, oil, and salt in a large bowl. Then add the chicken fillets and stir. Cover the bowl with food wraps and refrigerate the mixture for 30 mins.
- As you wait, prepare the cabbage, carrots, onions, and some coriander leaves and mix them in food container, and then season with black pepper and salt. Then in a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise and lime juice. Add the mayonnaise combination to the cabbage mixture and stir properly.
- Heat your chargrill on medium heat. Then cook the chicken fillets for 4 to 5 minutes until both sides are properly cooked. Transfer the chicken to a food container and cover it.
- Layer all wraps with chicken and the cabbage mixing. Then, roll all wraps and serve.
READ ALSO: Banting green list recipes
Use different chicken recipes on how to make a chicken wrap. Also, you can experiment with different flavors, vegetables, and spices and come up with your healthy chicken wrap recipe. Remember, there are several other wraps recipes including shrimps wraps, pork wraps, and beef wraps among other.