Capricorn TVET College is a product of a fusion of three institutions with distinct historical backgrounds. These are the former Bochum College of Education, Pietersburg Technical College, and Northern Province Community College. Since the merger, Capricorn College has become the foremost choice for many students seeking to further their education.
All the programs offered at Capricorn TVET College directly respond to the essential skills needed in the South African economy. Theory teaching is complemented with practical learning to make learners comprehend concepts. Here is everything you need to know about the institution’s courses, online application, requirements, and much more.
Capricorn TVET College courses
The institution mainly offers National Certificate and National Vocational certificate programs. There are three main faculties, namely:
- Business Studies
- General and Utility
The following are the courses offered at Capricorn College:
General and Utilities
- Transport and Logistics
- Safety in Society
Education and Development
- Engineering Studies
- Process Plant Operations
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Engineering and Related Design
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Drawing Office Practice
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction
- Office Administration
- Finance, Economics, and Accounting
Capricorn TVET College requirements
You need the following minimum qualifications to apply for any of the programs listed above:
- A year-end report for Grade 11 or 12
- If you do not have the above, then you need an NQF 1 qualification
- An approved bridging course designed to access NQF level 2
- A Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) certifications to meet the requirements to access NQF Level 2
- If you have a report for Grade 9 or 10, you will only be considered in exceptional cases.
To apply, you will need the following:
- An active internet connection
- A mobile phone, tablet, desktop, or laptop
- Access to a printer
- A pen
- Copies of your academic documents
- Your identification documents
Capricorn TVET College online application
Course applications are primarily offline. You will only need to go online to download your application documents. The rest of the process will be done offline.
Part 1: Downloading application forms
Follow the steps below to the latter:
- Connect to the internet: You can use your mobile data, LAN connection, hotspot, and any other source of internet. For this procedure, you will need less than 20MB of data.
- Open your browser: On your mobile phone, launch your app list, scroll until you locate your favourite browser, and tap on its icon. On a PC, open the start menu, search for the program in question, and click on its logo.
- Go to the Capricorn College website: Use the official address to navigate to it.
- Tap “Application Forms”: You will see this option under the Student Support section, as shown below:
- Select the appropriate form: Choose the proper form for the course you want to take. For instance, if your course falls under Engineering Studies, download the engineering form.
- Save it to your device: Specify the file location and then tap on “Save.” On mobile phones, the document will be saved in your “Downloads” folder.
- Print it: Go to the nearest cyber café and print the forms according to the copies required.
Alternatively, you can collect the Capricorn TVET College application form 2021 from any campus countrywide.
Part 2: Course application
Have your pen and use the procedure below:
1. Give out your college education details: If you never went to any college, then mark “NO.” If you did, check “Yes” and specify the course you undertook and the year of graduation.
2. Select the programs you wish to take: You must have met all the minimum requirements for the courses. For your first choice, write "1" without the quotation marks. It should then be followed by the campus you wish to enrol in. If it is Seshego Campus, use S. For Ramokgopa, use R.
For instance, if your first choice is Chemical Engineering and you want to take it at Seshego, then you will write 1S in the text box shown below:
For your second choice, write two followed by the first letter of the campus you want to study in.
3. Enter your details: This includes your surname, initials, title, ID or passport number, Nationality, and Disability.
4. Provide your school details: Key in its name, location, and the year you graduated. Do not forget to answer the discipline question.
5. Specify your occupation before application: You will be required to state the primary activity you engaged in a year before applying to study at Capricorn College.
6. Write down your contact details: Provide your name and surname, phone number, physical address, and postal address. Also, you will be required to enter the contact details of your parent/guardian.
7. Sign the agreement: Sign and write the date below the agreement section to declare that the information you have provided is accurate. Also, have your parent/guardian sign and write a date on the provided text boxes.
8. Confirm the details you have entered: Make sure they are all correct and that all the fields are completed. Incomplete forms with false information will not be considered.
Part 3: Attaching the required documents and submission
After filling out the application forms, the next step should be submitting them. You do not need an internet connection to access the Capricorn TVET College login page or whatsoever. Submission is entirely offline.
So, the first thing you should do is to attach the needed copies of the documents. They include the following:
- Your ID/Passport
- Proof of residence
- If you are disabled, a medical letter.
Submit your application form and the above copies to any nearest Capricorn College campus.
How to check your Capricorn TVET College application status
If your application is successful, you will be informed via the contact details you provided when applying to join the institution. You should hence make sure they are all correct.
If you don’t get contacted, reach out to any of their campuses to obtain your application status.
Capricorn TVET College prospectus
Capricorn Prospectus/student handbook is one of the vital things you need once you are admitted to the college. The chances are that you will be issued with one on your reporting day. If not, do not panic as you can easily download it from their website. Use the procedure below to do so:
- Go to Capricorn official website.
- Under the student support section, tap "Download/view prospectus."
- Save it on your gadget's memory.
To read it, navigate to the folder you saved it on your device and open the document using reader apps such as Adobe Reader and so forth.
Capricorn TVET College vacancies
If you want to work on any of the institution's campuses, you need first to identify a gap. You can quickly do so by:
- Navigate to the Capricorn College official website.
- Tap “Work @CC” from the main menu.
- A list of the available vacancies will be displayed.
- You can view each vacancy individually by tapping the “Open” link at the last column of the table.
Capricorn TVET College contacts and campuses
If you need clarifications concerning contentious issues or you have any complaints/questions, reach out via the following details:
- Physical location: 16 Market Street, 0699, Polokwane
- Postal address: Private Bag X 9674, 0700 Polokwane
- Phone: (015) 230 1800
- Fax: (015) 291 2767
- Physical location: Die Meer Street, 0699 Polokwane
- Phone: (015) 283 3300
- Fax: (015) 297 2183
- Physical location: Senwabarwana Main Street, 0790 Senwabarwana
- Phone: (015) 505 3172
- Fax: (015) 505 3174
- Physical location: 1919 Freedom Drive, 0742 Seshego
- Phone: (015) 223 9600
- Fax: (015) 223 5187
- Physical location: Next to Mokomene High, 0811 Ramokgopa
- Phone 1: 015 526 2750
- Phone 2: 015 526 2670
Capricorn TVET College offers responsive, quality, and flexible programs that are accessible to any qualified learner. If you meet the minimum requirements for admission, use the procedure above to apply for entry into the institution.
Briefly.co.za shared uMfolozi college courses registration dates, online application, and student portal. It is among the top 50 best TVETs in South Africa, with eight main campuses and six skill development centres.
Besides the engineering, computing, business, and other courses at uMfolozi, it has leadership training, career guidance, counseling, and talent development programs. Briefly.co.za also noted that the institution has excellent student support services like internet-connected cafes and more.
Source: Briefly News