Wondering how you can successfully recharge your Vodacom airtime? Well, here are some options to choose from. From buying airtime online Vodacom using your debit/credit card, be it for prepaid or top-up subscriptions, all the way down to the good old scratch to reveal airtime vouchers, not forgetting other recharge sites available online, you will get everything you are looking for here. So many viable options to choose from as well as additional customer care details are right in this article at your disposal.
Buy Vodacom airtime online
Below we have outlined various ways in which you can buy Vodacom airtime online. This can be Vodacom prepaid airtime or Postpay.
Buy airtime online with a debit card
Vodacom launched the Vodacom Express Recharge service (VER) in 2012, which allows customers to buy airtime, data bundles, and SMS bundles using their Master Cards or Visa Bank Cards (debit/credit) via their mobile phones. The supported bank cards are credit cards, ABSA, Standard Bank, Capitec, Bidvest, Postbank, VBS Mutual Bank, Nedbank, and the First National Bank debit.
- This service is available for Vodacom Pre-paid airtime and Top-up customers. The first time using the VER service will require you to enter your bank details in order to link your bank account to the service. Vodacom guarantees complete security and safety for all customer details in the system. For every product purchased via the service, your ATM pin will be required.
VER services are available via text/USSD or via My Vodacom App which is available on the Google Store, Apple Play Store, and the Vodacom App Store. My Vodacom App also has personalized double data offers tailored to each customer by the service provider. The app also offers options to buy airtime, data bundles, and SMS bundles for family and friends using the VER service.
First time using VER
- Dial *111*02# or *135*02# or log in to My Vodacom App.
- Enter the details on your card when prompted.
- Afterwards, you will be required to authenticate yourself using 3D Secure, which involves sending the customer an OTP (One Time Personal Identification Number or PIN) or a Password via SMS to his cell mobile or via Email. You, the customer, will be required to enter the OTP or the Password sent in order to successfully complete the verification process. 3D Secure takes place within your bank’s environment. You are therefore required to contact your respective bank. NOTE: Verification is only required once. After verification, you can access the VER services easily. You will only be required to key in your bank PIN for every purchase you make with your debit/credit card through the VER service.
VER via USSD or via My Vodacom App
- Dial *135*02# or log in to My Vodacom App.
- Select the recipient whom you are buying the airtime for.
- Select the wanted/desired product from the given options.
- Follow the bank payment options that follow until the very end.
The airtime should be delivered immediately to you or to the intended recipient and the airtime recharge delivery will be reported as successful.
Dialling the code to access the VER Services is completely free. Vodacom has no extra charges for the use of this service. However, you may have to incur data and bank charges for the use of your debit/credit card.
READ ALSO: How to send a Please Call Me on Vodacom South Africa
WARNING: Entering the wrong PIN code for your debit/credit card will cause it to be locked in accordance with your bank requirements. When your debit/credit card is locked, you will not be able to access the offered VER services and will be required to contact your respective bank to unlock your debit/credit card.
Vodacom airtime prices purchase limits with VER
There are various ways to Vodacom buy airtime, and the limits for buying airtime in advance include:
When using USSD
- A minimum of R 5 airtime recharge
- A maximum of R 500 per transaction
- A maximum of R 1,000 per day
- A maximum of R 2,000 per day
- A maximum of R 5,000 per month
Using My Vodacom App
The Master Pass* Limits are:
- A minimum of R 12 for airtime recharge
- A maximum of R 500 per transaction
- A maximum of R 3,000 per month
- A maximum of R 1,500 per day
- A minimum of R 3,000 per month
Master Pass* is a digital wallet service offered by Vodacom that is available through My Vodacom App. Master Pass is effective and efficient as it stores all of your payments and other financial service needs in one convenient and secure place.
NOTE: The above Airtime and Data limits may be replaced by Bank and Credit card Limits. If you have exceeded your credit/debit card or bank limits, you will not be able to purchase any products using the VER service options.
READ ALSO: A list of all the important Vodacom USSD codes
How to load Vodacom airtime
To load Vodacom airtime using a pre-paid voucher, follow the steps below:
- Buy an airtime voucher worth the desired amount.
- Dial 136 and call. Follow the voice prompts and successfully recharge your airtime.
Vodacom airtime transfer
This service is available to all valid Vodacom Pre-paid or Top-up customers as senders and/or recipients of the data and/or airtime.
To transfer airtime, simply follow these steps:
- Log in to My Vodacom App or dial *135# or call 082 12000.
- Click on Buy/Transfer Bundles and Airtime.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the next page. Select or key in the mobile number you want to transfer the airtime to and then click the Continue button.
- If you would like the airtime being transferred to be deducted from the airtime on your account, select "Use Airtime".
- If you would like to buy the airtime using your bank and/or credit/debit card, select Pay with Bank Card.
- Read through the terms and conditions, accept and click Buy My Airtime.
- Afterwards, you will receive an OTP via SMS which you will be required to key in to proceed. Afterwards, click Finish.
The airtime will be transferred immediately and successfully.
Vodacom customer care
On March 24th, 2018, Vodacom customers were required to use the new customer care contact numbers. The contact numbers were changed in order to comply with the ICASA regulations set and gazette by the government.
The Vodacom contact details for customer care are as follows:
- Customer Care call: the customer care call line has changed from 111 to 135
- Customer Care (USSD): accessing customer care via USSD has changed from *111# to *135#
The recharge numbers also changed and are as follows:
- Pre-paid Recharge Code: the recharge code has changed from 100 to 136.
- Pre-paid Balance Enquiry: the balance enquiry code has changed from *100# to *135#
To access voicemail services:
- Voicemail (to listen); the voicemail access code has changed from 121 to 132.
- Voicemail (to leave); to leave your recipient a voice mail, the previous code was retained and another code added for easier access. The command codes are as follows: 08214 (plus the last nine digits of the recipient’s phone number) or 134.
To enquire further information on your accounts, dial 137.
READ ALSO: What are Vodacom talking points and how to use them
Buy airtime online Vodacom via World Remit
Buying Airtime Vodacom for yourself/others through World Remit
World Remit is an online money transfer service. Its main aim is to provide international remittance services to expatriates and migrant workers.
The steps to buying airtime via World Remit online are:
- Once you have navigated to the World Remit website, you will be prompted to select a country. Select one from the drop-down menu provided.
- The next prompt will be to select a service to be carried out. Select Transfer airtime.
- You will then be required to key in the recipient’s phone number and the amount you intend to buy.
- The top-up is instant with no fees on airtime recharge incurred.
Buying airtime via Recharge.com
This is an online mobile recharge service that safely and securely sends call credit directly to your phone.
The steps to follow to recharge your airtime are:
- Go to their website at recharge.
- Select a product to buy once prompted.
- Fill in the information required from you. This information includes your valid and functional email address and/or the recipient’s mobile telephone number.
- You are required to pay for the selected service. Once the payment is complete, your ordered top-up will be sent directly to the mobile number keyed in and/or the recharge voucher number will be sent by email to the address keyed in.
Vodacom recharge comes highly recommended as an online recharge service.
The website service supports the following network service providers: Vodacom, Cell C, MTN, Telkom, and Virgin Mobile.
That is everything there is to know on Vodacom and the various options offered and fully supported in terms of airtime and data bundle recharge options. These options include VER, using Vodacom Pre-paid airtime vouchers, the secondary online recharge options such as World Remit and much more. Take note of the recently changed customer care contact numbers in case you have any further enquiries to make as well as the voicemail and airtime voucher recharge codes provided that they were also subject to change. Now, the process to buy airtime Vodacom has never been easier.
- How do I report my Vodacom stolen phone? Blacklisting stolen cellphones
- Best cellphone insurance: Vodacom, MTN, and more
- Vodacom Video Play services, bundles, premium, cost, download, reviews
Source: Briefly News