TV actress Manaka Ranaka plays the ex-convict Lucy Diale in the TV soapie Generations: The Legacy. Although the actress played a villain once, she now has such a lovable character. Briefly.co.za put together a few facts about the actress.
PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see Briefly.co.za News on your News Feed!
1. Manaka Ranaka was born on 6 April 1979 in the Soweto, Johannesburg. She is 39 years old.
2. She schooled at Diwindie High School.
3. In 2002, she joined the cast of Isidingo, as Nandipha Sithole which aired on SABC3, but was fired shortly after she got pregnant.
4. In 2007, she won the SA Film and Television Award (SAFTA) for Best Actress in a TV comedy.
5. In December 2014, she joined the cast of Generations: The Legacy as Lucy Diale.
6. Manaka has two daughters who were born of different fathers. Her eldest is Kagiso and her youngest is Lesedi.
7. She has a little sister who is a famous radio DJ and TV personality, Dineo Ranaka, and a lesser known sister, Nompumelelo "Mpumi" Ranaka-Malchartzeck.
8. She has no husband. But she dated her boyfriend, Thabo Monareng for a while, which caused quite a scandal as he was nine years younger than her. She is now dating Thokoza Khehla.
9. In December 2015, she crashed her car and killed an 18-year-old teenager near the N3 highway to Durban. The Grade 12 learner was crossing the highway to meet a friend when Manaka crashed into her with her BMW.
10. Although the actress plays a very strict mother on Generations: The Legacy, Manaka is actually a very fun mom in reality. She is cool, calm and collected and always ready to speak her mind.
READ ALSO: SA professor makes history, performs world's 1st 3D inner-ear surgery
Earlier today, Briefly.co.za reported on another interesting TV soap personality, Muvhango’s Marang, the stunning Sharon Seno.
There is a new queen on Muvhango and she’s already the talk of the town: Introducing the beautiful Marang Phala, played by Sharon Seno.
Enjoyed reading our story? Download BRIEFLY's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major South African news!
Source: Briefly News