- Birth name: Dineo Ranaka
- Born: 16 December 1983
- Place of birth: Soweto, South Africa
- Nationality: South African
- Main activity: Radio personality, television presenter, actress, DJ and TV producer
- Musical genre: House music
Dineo Ranaka is a well-known South African media personality who is famous for her work as a radio presenter on shows such as Metro FM’s The Bridge and Kaya 959’s 959 Breakfast show. She also has experience as a television presenter, a reality television star, a radio DJ, an events’ MC and a businesswoman. She has appeared in several television series and films, such as Scandal, Gaz’lam, Yim’lo, Gomora and Baby Mamas.
- Dineo began her career at 5fm in 2003 presenting The Fanta World Chart Show with Brown Sugar. She then moved to YFM, where she hosted the Weekend Breakfast Show and later the afternoon drive time show Dineo Live on Drive. She became YFM’s first female afternoon drive time jock and increased the listener-ship to 750 000 from the previous 600 000.
- In 2010, she joined e.tv as the host of the lifestyle and music entertainment show Club 808 “Make Some Noise”. She also made appearances on SABC1 celebrity gossip show The Real Goboza and SABC talk show Noted.
- In 2012, she launched her own reality show Dineo’s Diary on Vuzu, which documented her personal and professional life. The show ran for five seasons until 2016.
- In 2017, she joined Metro FM as the host of the mid-morning show The Bridge and later the Metro FM Top 40. She also starred in the feature film Baby Mamas as one of the main characters.
- In 2019, she left Metro FM and joined Cliff Central as a radio broadcaster.
- In 2022, she joined MoJa Love as the host of Ishushu, a show that tackles social issues affecting women. She also joined Mzansi Magic’s telenovela Gomora as Storm, a drug addict who causes trouble for her family.
- In 2022, she also became the main anchor of Kaya 959’s breakfast show.
Dineo has three children: a son named Kgosi and a daughter named Kopano. The third and youngest of Dineo Ranaka’s kids is a one-year-old baby whose gender and name are yet to be revealed.
Dineo comes from a large family of six siblings. Her sister Manaka Ranaka is also an actress who stars in Generations: The Legacy. Her other sister Mpumi Ranaka is a singer who appeared on Dineo’s Diary. Her brothers are Mzingisi Ranaka and Ranaka Ranaka.
Dineo’s style has been recognised nationally:
- In 2011, she was nominated for Best Styled Female Celebrity at the Feather Awards
Dineo has had several relationships in the past. Some of them are:
- Blaklez: Dineo dated the rapper for four years and had a son with him.
- Klaas Pesha: Dinoe reportedly married the businessman in 2021, and they divorced shortly after. They have one child together.