The education system in South Africa is one of the most developed in Sub-Saharan Africa. There are numerous institutions of higher learning that are excelling, including the University of Mpumalanga. UMP has been doing well in training students since its establishment in 2013 in the Mpumalanga Province. It started with the enrollment of 169 students in 2014, and the number has been growing over the years, with the school enrolling over 4,000 students in 2020. If you wish to study here, ensure you make your application on time. How does the University of Mpumalanga online application work? Read on to find out.
The University of Mpumalanga has three faculties, including the Faculty of Agriculture and Natural Sciences, the Faculty of Education, and the Faculty of Economics, Development, and Business Sciences. The institution offers diploma and degree programs, which you can find on the institution's official website. You should also get a copy of the University of Mpumalanga prospectus 2021 for a detailed guide. Do not miss the chance to study here. For those who wish to join in 2021, the window is open until 30th November 2020 for you to apply.
As a member of the network of South African institutions of higher learning, UMP's mission is to help open up opportunities for everyone, regardless of their circumstances. UMP's goal is to empower the people and enable them to:
- enhance their lives;
- revitalize and stimulate the economy;
- boost the knowledge base of the Mpumalanga Province and the nation as a whole.
This will enable people to contribute meaningfully to the growth of the South African economy as a whole.
UMP online application 2021
Follow these steps to have a successful University of Mpumalanga online application for 2021.
- Go to ump.ac.za, then click on the student portal.
- Select the New Application button, then enter biographical details as required, then click on Save. A student/reference number and pin code will be generated. These will be used for UMP login to the student portal.
- Enter the generated student/reference number.
- Select Applications, then choose View Application Rules.
- Select the I Accept button then on next step to continue.
- Select Upload Documents to upload the required scanned documents (certified copy of grade 11 and 12 results, proof of payment, and a certified copy of green barcoded identification), then go to the next step.
- Select the subject by clicking the grey radio button on the right of each block, then go to the next step.
- Click on the school from the grey button.
- If you were enrolled in another facility, fill the form, then proceed to the next step.
- Enter the program you are interested in then click on Search.
- Choose a period of study and academic preference, then click on Save to continue.
- Verify the details you have entered, click on Save then proceed.
- If you want to change your mode of communication, select communication type.
- Check the programs you have applied for, your UMP application status, and if you have gone through all the processes.
Remember that the application window closes on 30th November 2020. You will have to wait for up to four to six weeks after the closing of the application window to get feedback.
UMP manual application
For those who prefer to make manual registrations, fill the UMP application form, and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org as a document. You can also take the forms manually to the physical addresses indicated on the forms. Ensure the duly filled University of Mpumalanga application forms reach the school before 30th November 2020. You can obtain the forms from the facility's website or pick it from the various campuses.
READ ALSO: List of the 50 best universities in Africa
International students' application
To be allowed to register at Mpumalanga University, international students must have the following documents:
- Valid passport
- Study permit
- SAQA verification certificate
- Proof of financial means (this could be bank statements, bursaries, cash available/traveler's cheque, or cash to pay tuition fees and cover envisaged living expenses)
International students are strongly advised to contact the South African Embassy in their home countries before coming to South Africa or making the UMP online application for 2021.
University of Mpumalanga application fee
You are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of R150. You will find banking details under application rules step one. The following are the fees for non-South African prospective students.
- SADC: R150
- Other countries in Africa: R350
- Countries outside Africa: R500
UMP contact details
You can reach out to the school using the following contact information before you apply online at the University of Mpumalanga.
- Email: email@example.com (registration and application inquiries), firstname.lastname@example.org (general inquiries).
- Physical address: Mbombela Campus (Cnr R40 and D725 Roads, Mbombela 1200), Siyabuswa Campus (Bheki Mfundo Drive, Siyabuswa, South Africa)
- Switchboard: 013 002 0001
The above guide on Mpumalanga University online application is simplified to help you. UMP gives students the best study experience. Download the UMP prospectus 2021 pdf from the school's official website to familiarize yourself with the institution's study environment.